Babies: 3 - 6 Months

***Jesnuts*** (Re: person feeding 6wo only apple juice)

This has really been on my mind and totally bothering me since I read it. I asked my friends if they knew this was going on if they would call CYS or CPS or whatever it's called where you are, and here are the responses I got from moms, dads, and teachers:

• --Yes! What the fvck?!

• ---Oh my stars and waterfalls!!! Yeah.

• --OMG! OMG! OMG! I am still hauling a pump to work to pump and breastfeed most of the fvcking night with my 12 month old. WTF? And then I wonder why my students are so fvcked up. It's shiit like this. Sorry. Will stop ranting now but I have a lot of foul language for shiit like this. . .my fvcking god.

• --Absofreakinlutely!!! I'd call and report them in a second!!! She's doing irreparable damage to that child and is CLUELESS!!

• --I am sick to my stomach!!! Sooo wrong on sooo many levels.

• --Apple juice is pretty much sugar water. That horrible mother may as well be feeding her kid Mountain Dew. Sure it's got vitamins but even adults shouldn't drink THAT much fruit juice.

• --yes. yes yes yes.

• --YES...unfortunately...I have little faith in CPS to manage or maintain children either...but at this point...no infant of that age should even be given apple juice...

• --Why is it even a question? That baby is starving

• --OMG And yet, YET, me and my colleagues will be blamed when this child doesn't perform to standards. We are the ones held accountable when this child isn't ready for college. How does this baby have a chance to a normal life? Why can we not smack this mother upside her head?

So if you feel bad for calling her out on that (I know you said you were a little harsh with her)...DON'T.

What was her response when you told her she was wrong? Please say it was, "gee, I didn't know - off to buy some formula now!"

Re: ***Jesnuts*** (Re: person feeding 6wo only apple juice)

• I agree. Please, for the sake of that baby call CPS.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Yes

I wanted to say, that the kid may feel "full" because he's full of liquid not because he's satisfied and fed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Someone on here actually did that?  Why?!  What could the reasoning have been?  Especially with programs like WIC that will give you formula if you can't afford it.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehjk5000:
    Someone on here actually did that?  Why?!  What could the reasoning have been?  Especially with programs like WIC that will give you formula if you can't afford it.

NO - sorry if I confused. To be clear, Jesnuts did NOTTTTT do this!! She knew someone who did and I think she handed her ass to her for it. Sorry if I made it sound like she was the one who did.

• imagedNoodle:

imagehjk5000:
    Someone on here actually did that?  Why?!  What could the reasoning have been?  Especially with programs like WIC that will give you formula if you can't afford it.

NO - sorry if I confused. To be clear, Jesnuts did NOTTTTT do this!! She knew someone who did and I think she handed her ass to her for it. Sorry if I made it sound like she was the one who did.

I read too fast the first time through, but then I found the OP as well. Holy sh!t what an idiot.  I'm glad Jesnuts set her straight!

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow, I'd be calling CPS too. That's nuts! Poor baby is probably full because his/her belly is too bloated from the apple juice. :O(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"