1st Trimester
Options

When do I take my Prenatal Vitamins?? Does it Matter?

I just started taking my Prenatal Vitamins on Tuesday. So far, so good! My first doctors appointment isn't until this Wednesday, so I figured I would ask for your advice.

I was wondering if you need to take them at the same time each day? or does it matter? I know it says to take them with a meal (which I've been doing) But during the week when I'm working I take them in the morning and today I didn't take it until lunch time. Does it really matter?

THANKS!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do I take my Prenatal Vitamins?? Does it Matter?

• Options
    I take mine whenever I can.  Better with food, but if I am nauseous in the AM, I wait for lunch, or dinner.  Time doesn't matter, as long as you get 'em in!  Good luck!
    Love is a gift, not to be denied. IAmPregnant Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    My doctor recconended that I take them at night. I can only assume that it's because some PNV can make you nauseated.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take mine at the same time every day, just because it's easier to remember that way. However, I read on it, that if you forget to take it - just take it once you remember (as long as it's not time for the next one anyway, because they don't want you to double-up). So I don't think it's a big deal.
    DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• Options
    It doesn't matter.  I take mine at night because I usually feel queasy when I take vitamins in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had alot of m/s with LO so i took them at night and it helped alot. but with this pregnancy i'm not sick so i take them whenever i remember morning or night but def. with food.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i take mine after dinner because, like some other said, i feel gross in the mornings still and could never think about swallowing that in the mornings. ha
  • Options
    Doesn't matter. Just as long as you take them everyday.
  • Options
    I take mine before I go to bed, they are on my nightstand so I remember. Its just easier for me to remember because mornings are so hectic for me. 
  • Options
    this is awesome! Thanks!
  • Options
    I have always taken mine right before I go to bed because it's easier for me to remember.  I also heard that they can make you feel nauseous so I figured that was better so I could sleep.  Good luck and congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"