Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Those who use a paci...

Are you still waking up at night to give it back to LO? 

DD can go the whole night without needing to eat (she did 9-6 last night), but will still wake up a few times searching for her paci which falls out as soon as she hits her deep sleep.  I was up 4 times last night in that time frame to stick her paci back in and help her back to sleep. 

She isn't full on crying when I get to her, just sort of grunting/fussing a bit and I can hear her squirming around for it, so I go in.  Would you wait until they get to full on crying?  I'm afraid that if I do, she won't go right back to sleep as easily as she does now.  What works for you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those who use a paci...

• Options

When C first goes to bed (7:30ish) she usually spits her pacifier out once she's really good and asleep. Sometimes she wakes up within the first few hours and will just turn her head back and forth and fuss. I go put her pacifier back in and put my hand on her chest and she usually goes back to sleep. If I don't she wakes up all the way with her fussing and I have to pick her up and rock her back to sleep.

Usually, though, she sleeps straight until two or three in the morning, but by then she wants to be fed so we just bring her in bed with us and she nurses back to sleep. For a bit she was sleeping 10 hours straight but then we slammed into what I'm guessing is the 4 month wakeful. Now every night is a crap shoot, but I'm hoping it doesn't last long. Not sure how much help that is, but that's what we do!

• Options

When my daughter fusses I will give her a second.  Sometimes she just does one or two little noises and then falls right back to sleep.  If she starts to fuss a lot or cry then I will go in and put the pacifier back in and turn her seahorse back on for her, and that puts her right back to sleep.  Most nights she wakes up 2-3 times but some nights I get lucky and it is just one time (most of the time before I am even in bed for the night).

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ...and this is exactly why I never started this habit.  See if you LO will use their finger/hands instead.  Mine sucks on them constantly to soothe.
  • Options

I'll only replace it during day time naps or at the beginning of the night if he wakes up.  Usually he spits it out before he even hits the crib though.

I think if you do what PP suggested and wait to see if LO really needs it or not before replacing it, you'll be better off in the long run.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagenbeseau:
    ...and this is exactly why I never started this habit.  See if you LO will use their finger/hands instead.  Mine sucks on them constantly to soothe.

She will definitely use her hands/fingers in place of it, but it doesn't seem to be soothing to her at all.  She will sit there staring intently at the side of her crib while going to town on her hands.  It almost seems to be more stimulating to her to suck on her hands/fingers rather than soothing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"