1st Trimester
Options

the D word...

Is anyone else experiencing diarriah in their first trimester? It seems like I cant keep anything in! Not only do I have the lovely All Day Sickness, but I have this problem with everything going right through me! It mostly happens in the morning, but none of my friends seems to have any answers to why this might be happening...Please do share your equally "crappy" stories...!?

Re: the D word...

• Options
    I had it with my first pregnancy and I seem to be having it again with this pregnancy. With my last pregnancy I had it until the 2nd trimester and then i started having issues with not being able to go. Couldnt win! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes! Im reading that I will be having constipation issues and Im thinking nope not me. Happy to read that others are going through this as well.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I've been having diarrhea pretty much since I got my bfp. I think it might have something to do with my retroverted uterus.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• Options
    Pretty much every time I use the bathroom I have very loose stools. Diarrhea was one of my first symptoms, actually.
  • Options
    Yes, early on, this was a symptom for me, now I need colace!!! I wouldn't worry unless you are getting dehydrated. I am a little jealous actually. Not really, but sort of, ha!
  • Options

Yep! That's definitely something I experienced thoughout my entire 1st pregnancy, and it's coming back again.

I have IBS, so, the big D is common for me.  Thankfully, I don't ever have problems with constipation during pregnancy, but after the 1st tri, I would still occasionally experience some D issues.

There are so many changes going on with our body, digestion, organs shifting....  During pregnancy, our digestion slows so we can absorb as much nutrients as possible from our food.  This slowing can cause constipation, or in our case, diarrhea.

It should get better with time.  Make sure to stay hydrated!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I realized today that I am definitely not drinking enough water! I'm going to to make myself drink plenty starting today! I have just been so sick and dizzy that I dont want to do anything, but I figure I could buck up and make the extra water happen:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"