High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Very weird Doctors appt - need opinions (long, sorry)

Hey everyone, I am hoping to get some opinions.  2 weeks ago I was put on bedrest.  I had borderline low fluid, glucose intolerance and cholestasis.  I was seeing the midwives in my office but since I became higher risk they transferred me to the Drs.  I have had two appointments with Dr. A and then another appt with Dr. B.  Anyway my last appointment with Dr. A was last Friday (not yesterday, the one before).  During that time my fluid level was still falling and they were preparing me to deliver at a hospital with a better NICU and to be ready to deliver before 36 weeks based on the trend with falling fluid.  Dr. A also stressed doing kick counts and staying on bedrest (she made me really nervous that something really bad was going to happen to the baby)

Fast forward to Tuesday I went in for another fluid check and my fluids had raised to just over 10, so in the safe zone. It was a sizable increase.  A nurse consulted with a Dr (not sure who) and called me later in the day to go over results.  They were happy with them and I asked about bed rest.  She said that I had to remain on rest and that was probably what helped the fluids raise.  

I went in yesterday for another fluid check and an appt, this time with Dr. B.  Fluid decreased slightly (in the 9s) but not bad.  I go in my appt with Dr. B (who I have never met before) and she basically says not to worry about fluid levels anymore.  Not to worry about bedrest and I can go back to my full activity level (which means taking care of a 2 1/2 year old, which I mentioned).  She also scheduled me for my induction at 37 weeks for the cholestasis, Dr. A wanted it closer to 36 weeks.  DH was thrilled with the appointment, me not so much.  I am happy to be off bedrest but it's so weird to have such differing appointments.  I know the fluid levels have a lot to do with it.  But I went from one extreme to the other.  

At this point I don't know what to think.  I don't know if Dr. A is overly cautious or Dr. B is too laid back.  All I know is that my baby's health is my top priority and could be at risk.  Would you question the appointments?  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Of course DH wants me to go back to full activity level and since he was at the appointment and only heard good news, he doesn't understand my concern.  I feel like he thinks I am being a baby and wanting attention, which I don't, I just am nervous.  What would you do?  TIA 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Very weird Doctors appt - need opinions (long, sorry)

• Options
    Do you not have one main doctor that is your doctor, even if you see others in the practice? That's how mine works, and I've had similar appts (where a different doctor tells me to do whatever I want, off pelvic rest, be normal) and I called and asked my primary and she pretty much said don't do any of that, be cautious. Her view is that things improve because I'm bein inactive, and increasing activity increases the worrisome issues. This was all in my last pregnancy but she is treating me just as cautiously this time. If you aren't assigned a specific doctor, I might still try and call Dr. A and confirm that they agree - don't phrase it as disagreement with Dr. B, something more like clarifying since the instructions varied so much. Good luck!
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"