3rd Trimester
Options

XP: Mother's Day - what are you giving?

For the first time, both my mom and my MIL will be here to celebrate Mother's Day (my MIL lives 16 hrs away, so this is very rare).  We will be celebrating next weekend together.  My MIL is very laid back, is much older, and doesn't need or want anything.  My mom, on the other hand, is much younger, and loves to go all out on gifts and holidays.  Not only do I have no idea what to get either one of them, I feel like since they are here together and will open their gifts in front of each other, the gifts should be similar in value and thought.The last thing either one of them needs is another picture frame or candle or trinket.Can you tell me what you are getting your moms?  Maybe it would give me an idea for mine.  Thanks!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Mother's Day - what are you giving?

• Options
    I'm getting her a quilt rack. She has so many little throw blankets/quilts. I think it will be nice to have a place to put them.

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Options
    This may seem childish but two years ago my husband and I went to Build a Bear and made them each one to reflect their personality... They both loved them!! This may not work for you but I just thought it was a cute idea :)  I have no idea what we are going to get for them this year!!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I live in a different country from my mother and she is so upset about not being around for my baby all the time, so I'm getting her a webcam and having my sister hook it up for her and show her how to use sykpe (mom is not too great with technology so she needs a tutor!) so she can see the baby all the time. That might be a good idea for your MIL 16 hours away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How about a something representing LO or being a grandmother? Like a necklace? Jewelry stores usually have great deals for stuff like this around this time of year.
  • Options
    A baby...lol I will be in the hospital recovering from my c/s. Haha
  • Options
    They will get a phone call on the day of, and then a baby 3 days later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Normally I go all out with gifts plus a special BBQ--but this year since we'll just be getting home from the hospital 2 days prior--- IF they come by, they can bring a dish LOL and my gift to them is a little solar-powered decorative lantern (angel) and a card from the grandkids.  I like the lantern idea because when they see it they will think of us.....

gift cards to their favorite restaurant are always nice.  Or anything that says "grandma" on it

• Options
    I'm getting my mom and MIL one of those Grandmother Memories books, which they can fill in with their memories and give to their granddaughter someday. It seemed appropriate since my LO will be born so close to Mother's Day!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • Options

this has been killing me too.

I'm thinking something Grandma related too...

• Options
    I am having a c-section on Thursday and will likely be coming home from the hospital on Mother's Day, so my gift will be a healthy grand-daughter :)
  • Options
    Shutterfly photobook of pics of DD and them and of just DD too.
  • Options
    We are going to get one of those stepping stone kits from Michael's or Hobby Lobby and help DS make them with his handprint and birthday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"