June 2011 Moms

Mother's Day gift ideas - what are you doing?

For the first time, both my mom and my MIL will be here to celebrate Mother's Day (my MIL lives 16 hrs away, so this is very rare).  We will be celebrating next weekend together.  My MIL is very laid back, is much older, and doesn't need or want anything.  My mom, on the other hand, is much younger, and loves to go all out on gifts and holidays.  

Not only do I have no idea what to get either one of them, I feel like since they are here together and will open their gifts in front of each other, the gifts should be similar in value and thought.

The last thing either one of them needs is another picture frame or candle or trinket.

Can you tell me what you are getting your moms?  Maybe it would give me an idea for mine.  Thanks! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Mother's Day gift ideas - what are you doing?

• It may sound horrible but we will just be sending cards this year.  We have to save up our money to buy diapers for a newborn!  Both of our parents will understand.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would've loved to do a Pandora charm for them, but money is too tight right now so prob just a card and maybe flowers.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • We are taking my MIL out to breakfast and my brother went in with us to get my mom a Costco membership.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It won't be ready for mother's day, so I'm giving her an IOU for a combined mother's day/bday present. I am making a photobook of our wedding photos on Shutterfly, as well as printing several of the best pictures for her to put in the frames she got. We got married in Oct 2009, and she's always complaining that she doesn't have pictures printed (she's technologically challenged, and my dad hasn't printed from our DVD). I am not sure how long it takes for the book to come...I need to work on putting it together this weekend. Hopefully it'll be ready by her birthday, which is in June!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageLauraOTR:
    It won't be ready for mother's day, so I'm giving her an IOU for a combined mother's day/bday present. I am making a photobook of our wedding photos on Shutterfly, as well as printing several of the best pictures for her to put in the frames she got. We got married in Oct 2009, and she's always complaining that she doesn't have pictures printed (she's technologically challenged, and my dad hasn't printed from our DVD). I am not sure how long it takes for the book to come...I need to work on putting it together this weekend. Hopefully it'll be ready by her birthday, which is in June!

We did Shutterfly books for xmas with our wedding photos and they arrived pretty quickly once we ordered!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am getting my mom a lilac tree.
  • My mom collects decorative pill boxes so I got her one shaped like a ducky this year that matches the one I got myself to keep my rings in at night
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got Brag books from vera for MIL and grandmother in law....and they LOVED THEM!!!!!! i already sent them :)

• My MIL lives 10 hours away, so I contact her local Edible Arrangement store and have them deliver a fruit bouquet to her. She loves it! Who wouldn't love fruit dipped in chocolate. Yummmm :)

ETA: Just found a coupon code for 10% off for Mother's day! It's mday0511 

• My sister & I are taking our mom to get her nose pierced!  Yay! :)
  • Are they first time grandma's? If so you could get something to honor there new title. I also loved the idea about the brag books!!  Maybe a nice picture frame to put baby's pic in?  I know I always struggle to and I have the best mom in the world!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"