December 2011 Moms

2 Easy Book Recs

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents on here to say I highly recommend gals read "The Mayo Clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy" and "The Joy of Pregnancy".  Both are written by medical professionals.  Both manage to be informative, easy to read and reference (huzzah for charts and FAQ sections), while not being alarmist or boring.

I also want to say AVOID "The Complete Organic Pregnancy".  Talk about alarmist. It is NOT written or supported by any medical professionals, but by an alarmist journalistic.  Although advice on eating organic fruits and veggies without pesticides is good advice, yelling at woman to avoid sitting in a car because the plastic in it will kill/damage/irrefutably harm your baby is crack. 

Married 5-24-2008;
BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
My Ovulation Chart 
BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
BFP 02-17-2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 Easy Book Recs

• I have the Mayo Clinic Guide too, and I love it. I particularly like at the end of each month the summary of different symptoms you may experience and which ones you can wait until the next appointment to tell your doctor about, which you should call within a day, and which you should call right away. It takes a lot of the worry out of some of the things I'm experiencing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"