Success after IF
Options

Ferber is a Genius!!!

Oh my god!!  Why didn't we do this sooner?  Last night was like a miracle come true.  We moved Stella to the blow up toddler bed in our room so we could let Hadley cry it out.

It took going in only twice (3 minute interval and 5 minute interval) to get her to fall asleep.  She fell asleep during the 10 minute wait. 

She only woke once around 1:30am and went back to bed after only another 3 minute and 5 minute wait.   She started crying again at one point but immediately stopped and went back to bed.  She ended up sleeping in until 6:45am.  I think I may just cry from happiness!

Dana, I can't thank you enough for lending us your book.  My husband even said to say thank you.  What a difference a good night sleep can make!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ferber is a Genius!!!

• Options
    Couldn't agree more.. it was life changing for us!  Enjoy!
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It was HUGE for us too.  Best thing we EVER did.  My girls sleep so great and have sense they were 6m old

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Isn't it wonderful!? DD did the same thing and she consistently sleeps through the night now!

• Options

I love that man; I absolutely love him!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ferber was probably the hardest thing I've ever done but it is so worth it. I just had to keep reminding myself that I was helping him develop good sleep habits and boy has it!
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options
    Agreed! So glad you had success! It is life changing. :)
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Options

You are more than welcome.  It was a life and sanity saver for us. 

I'm just glad it worked!!

• Options

Go Hadley!   

I can't wait to Ferberize Ava.   I plan to do it around October when she is 6/7 months old.  Of course maybe she'll shock us and just be a really great sleeper- once she isn't waking for those 2am feedings anymore.   hey a girl can dream right?

• Options

That's awesome!  Hope you enjoyed your first night of real sleep!

Jacob responded well to it and we've had smooth sailing ever since!

Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think my FB status after we did it with DS was "I love Dr. Ferber!"  Our experience was a little more difficult (DS was very stubborn and cried for almost 1.5 hours before bed, then overnight the first night), but after a few days, he went to sleep without a peep, and slept well!  

Nice job and I am glad it worked so well for your DD! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"