November 2011 Moms

How do you torture a pregnant woman????

Take her to a wine vineyard while she's early into her 2nd trimester. I'm at a conference this weekend, and we are visiting a wine vineyard to do sampling and bonding. While I am not opposed to sampling later in the pregnancy, now seems a little early. Talk about torture. Guess I can use my awesome sniffer to enjoy the scent of wine. 

And torturing events for you ladies?? 

Re: How do you torture a pregnant woman????

• Wine tour as well! For my SIL bridal shower weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry for you ladies...I don't know that I could do that.  You should treat yourselves to an ice cream when its over!
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband is very handy and installed two beer taps in our house.  The current flavors are Yuengling and Sam Adams Noble Pils.  So mean.
    "I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing."

• jb2rnjb2rn member
    oh that is mean! I love wine, and miss it dearly (more than coffee).
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• That is unfair! DH and I went to dinner last night and our waitress asked us if we'd like a wine sampling of my favorite wine (Riesling) and since I don't really look pregnant and more like I'm overeating, I told her I can't, but DH decided he wanted to :( I was doing great avoiding coffee and alcohol because we really don't drink it at home, but ugh so unfair.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecatch2010:
    My husband is very handy and installed two beer taps in our house.  The current flavors are Yuengling and Sam Adams Noble Pils.  So mean.

That is mean.....I bet just smell of those want to make you run for the bathroom Wink We have a separate beer fridge in the basement. DH was going to put taps in that (through the door), but never did it.

• I agree with what someone else said, you should treat yourself to some ice cream afterwards! I'm not tempted by any wines or beers. I'm a hard liquor kind of person, with mixed drinks. However, the thought of any of that right now turns my stomach. Indifferent BIL's b-day party is next weekend, but my SIL is great at including virgin drink options for her pregnant friends/family.
  • My DH and I redid our basement and had a bar professionally built to make it into a "pub" type atmosphere down there.  We bought a Kegerator with a duel tap, put the wine fridge down in the bar, and also got a fridge LOADED with beer that we had gathered this summer on our self made "Brewery Tour."  So it's all done, Kegerator is set with duel tap (Sam Adams and Lancaster Milk Stout) - two of my favs....and voila--I get a positive test.  LOL.  So yes, he comes upstairs with an ice cold beer tapped from our Kegerator.  HARD.  Also LOVE my wine, and so do my friends.  Last night we were at a party and I literally smelled it when the popped the cork. *sigh*  Oh well.  It's worth the wait.  Don't torture yourselves ladies. 

P.S. - is it bad that I told DH that when we have the baby and people come visit at the hospital they have to have a bottle of wine in hand before coming into the room?  "Ticket please"  Ha ha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageKBBH:

P.S. - is it bad that I told DH that when we have the baby and people come visit at the hospital they have to have a bottle of wine in hand before coming into the room?  "Ticket please"  Ha ha.

I'm so stealing this Yes

• Vacation in France, from weeks 9 - 11. Wine everywhere! And I love a good Bordeaux. We were able to bring a few bottles home with us in our luggage, and DH promises he'll save them for post-November. Smile

For our second week there, we stayed at my co-worker's place on the Riviera, and she had a note on the liquor cabinet that said, "Help yourself!" We opened it to find all sorts of well-aged single-malt Scotches. My favorite! Aaaaaagh. At least it was fun to watch DH enjoy some of that Scotch.

• Tonight is my bachelorette party and guess who the only one not drinking will be..... the bride...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My 21st bday was monday and I was dyin for something fruity and really good (no alcohol of course) and all the bartenders kept giving me were kiddie cocktails I felt very childish being at a bar drinking out of a plastic cup when everyone else had a frosty beer in there hand=( I don't look very pregnant yet either so I felt like everyone kept looking at me as if I was underage it was driving me crazy!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"