Baby Names

DH keeps coming up w/ "L" names...help

We have plenty of time and don't know the gender but he's sure it's another boy and keeps throwing our "L" names. We both liked Liam but I have too many negative associations w/the name. His favorites are Logan and Lochlan but our last name starts w/an L and ends in "Land"....please suggest some Scottish names (boy and girl) to go w/ such a last name...DS is Graeme. Thanks for playing. 

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: DH keeps coming up w/ "L" names...help

• Ewan is my favorite. Others:::

Neil

Ross 

Malcolm 

Alan

Cameron

Linky that may help.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • imagenaflmj:

We have plenty of time and don't know the gender but he's sure it's another boy and keeps throwing our "L" names. We both liked Liam but I have too many negative associations w/the name. His favorites are Logan and Lochlan but our last name starts w/an L and ends in "Land"....please suggest some Scottish names (boy and girl) to go w/ such a last name...DS is Graeme. Thanks for playing. 

Lochlan L__land is just not going to work. Logan L__land is a big stretch too, IMO.

My favorite Scottish names are:

GIRLS:

Blair (I prefer it for a girl, but it's unisex) 

Glenna

Lorna

BOYS:

Barclay

Douglas

Duncan

Glenn

Neil

Niall

Scott

• Loading the player...
  • I love Ewan and Cameron :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemanda326:

I love Ewan and Cameron :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I also agree that Lochlan is out as well as Logan (though I like both), just wanting other opinions. 

DH has pretty much vetoed Cameron...it's my favorite by far.  

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• imagenaflmj:
    I also agree that Lochlan is out as well as Logan (though I like both), just wanting other opinions. 
    Sorry, I did hear you when you said that in your OP. I mostly just stated my opinion of them for the benefit of your husband, in case you show this thread to him later. Wink
  • imageEaglefoot23:
    imagenaflmj:
    I also agree that Lochlan is out as well as Logan (though I like both), just wanting other opinions. 
    Sorry, I did hear you when you said that in your OP. I mostly just stated my opinion of them for the benefit of your husband, in case you show this thread to him later. Wink
    I appreciate that :)

• I LOVE Duncan! I knew a Scottish little boy with this name when I was little, very cute!

I also worked for a company owned by a Duncan, so I think it can definitely grow with him. 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• I love Keiran

• I vote for Duncan.  I like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • FWIW I like Logan, it was on my list but DH didn't like it

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• imageMoxie27:

Erin

Aaron, maybe, but if I saw Erin L_land on a resume I'd assume we were talking about a lady. 

ETA - I reread the post and see that the OP was looking for names for a boy and for a girl...  My bad, it's late on the east coast ;o)

Stuart is a good Scottish name, too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"