Weaning Questions — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Weaning Questions

First of all my goal was 6 months but we are planning on going to 12 months so I am so happy I made it!  I was very fortunate to not have a lot of problems past the first month.  Now I am thinking about weaning, and do not know anyone personally who has BF so I don't know how to do it. 

How long does it usually take and when do you start? 

Do you start weaning when LO turns one or do you start before so that you are done when they are 1 (or is that a personal choice)?

I wouldn't mind still BFing once/twice a day when she is a year old, but I do not want to pump at all anymore after that and need to be completely weaned and not producing milk by the end of August (when I go back to school - it won't be possible to BF her in the morning and I don't want to be uncomfortable at school all day).

I BF about 6 times a day now (7am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm, dinner, before bed, and pump right before I go to bed so I am not uncomfortable at night).  The 10am and 3pm feedings are usually a snack/pacifying session while I rock her for her naps.

Do I cut out feedings?  Do I stop pumping?  I'd love to wean very gradually so that I am not engorged or uncomfortable at all, so any advice is appreciated!

Sorry this is all over the place!! TIA

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards