April 2011 Moms

postpartum night chills

Has anyone experienced these.. i'll wake up freezing, and no matter what I do, i can't seem to get warm enough.  I don't have a fever, and i had a nomal vaginal delivery 10 days ago.. i did have a tubal ligation after delivery, but i don't have any other symptoms other than chills.  (other than being exhausted, but that is because i don't get to sleep much :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: postpartum night chills

• Yes!  It's better now but the first couple weeks I was freezing all the time!  I really thought I was coming down with the flu or something.  I was so used to being HOT all the time while pregnant the chills thing through me for a loop! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm the opposite...I have night sweats and still do.  I think it's all hormones changing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! Not just at night. I am freezing all the time since delivery about 10 days ago. I keep turning the air up and up. I'm about to burn te rest of my family out of the house!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At least i know it isn't just me then.  lol.  i keep turning the heat up also, and my husband is threatening to sleep outside.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YES! I am so cold all the time, and I become convinced DD must be freezing and over-wrap her for bed. I've started asking DH to be the temp gauge in our room for her, because I don't want her to be too warm but it feels SO cold in our house to me.

I just dress in extra layers to sleep, and I hope this ends soon.

• I was having both night chills and sweats for the first two weeks or so.  I would be freezing when I went to bed, and then I would wake up drenched in sweat later on.  I'm blaming it on the hormone changes.  The chills seem to have passed, but I still have night sweats sometimes.
  • I had those!  Right after my son was born, I was so cold at night it was painful.  I'd have to cover with a ton of blankets until I was sweating, but I couldn't handle the change in temperature if I took off the blankets.  It was miserable for a week or so, but it went away pretty quickly.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"