Upstate NY Babies

**water/sand table v. sandbox and stand alone water table**

Ok so L loves water and sand- so naturally we are looking to get him a water/sand table but I see him just dumping the water onto the sand side- is this what happens?

My brother in law said he would make a sandbox for us and then I could just buy a water table.

anyone love the side by sides? anyone have them separate and hate it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **water/sand table v. sandbox and stand alone water table**

• We have separate sand and water tables. Any time I've read about the combined tables people mention they are a huge mess and end up being mud tables. We also can't leave our sand table open because of the 90 million cats in our neighborhood, so the wet sand would never dry out.
  • You could always just fill it with one or the other so there isn't a big mess.  That way you just get one table but can use it for both.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer the separate.  Also, the sand likely ends up outside of the sandbox.. so be careful if it is on the lawn or something. 

And, the ONLY sand I'd ever buy is from TRU.  Don't ever buy it from HD or Lowes, they claim it is filtered but it has a ton of dust in it.  Not worth it.

We had a sandbox but got rid of it.  It was a nice sensory experience but short lived, but possibly because we have a gravel patio now.  

The water table has made for endless hours of fun.  I'd prob start with that...

• We have a sand/water table, but use both sides for water.  We filled an under the bed storage bin as our sandbox...we can just roll it out of the garage when we want to use it and the lid locks on.
  • wendyjwendyj member
    We have a sand/water table, and it can definitely get messy. I guess it's what you're in the mood for. There are days when I had no problem if he made a million mud pies, other days, I wish he'd just get we or play with the sand. I keep a bucket on the back porch so that if I want to drain the sand, I can, then put it back in later. If you have the space for a sandbox, it could be fun, just make sure there's a way to cover it when you're not using it so little critters don't use it as a litter box.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"