December 2011 Moms
Options

Vomiting blood (kinda gross)

Good morning girls. Well I had a very rough evening yesterday and was vomiting most of it. I woke up this morning dry heaving ( which has happened everyday for the past two weeks) but today I vomited some blood. I have a Dr appt on Monday for our first u/s, do you think I should just bring it up then? Their office is of course closed on Saturdays so I don't know what else I would do. My mom said to maybe call my pharmacist. DH thinks maybe a trip to quick care is a good idea. Any ideas?

Re: Vomiting blood (kinda gross)

• Options
    Was it like vomiting up cups of blood, or was it just blood-tinged? My aunt had the same thing happen where she was vomiting so much that it irritated her throat tissue and that's what was contributing the blood to her vomit. If it's loads and happening often, I might take a trip to quick care. If not, I might just wait it out.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options

were you vomiting blood, or was your vomit blood-tinged?

If it was just a little blood color to it, it probably because your throat is irritated from the amount of throwing up you are doing. If you were lilterally vomiting blood, you need to call the doc. Every OB has an after hours line, they will tell you what you should do.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sometimes if you're vomiting a lot, as in with morning sickness, the pressure of retching can cause small tears in your esophagus.  They usually heal on their own but if you're noticing that more than a quarter of a cup of blood is coming up, you need to skip your Ob and go to the ER.  They can clip that tear so prevent further bleeding. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else. If it is a small amount of blood then it is the strain from the dry heaving. If it is a lot then go to urgent care or the ER.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options

imageromigu:
    sometimes if you're vomiting a lot, as in with morning sickness, the pressure of retching can cause small tears in your esophagus.  They usually heal on their own but if you're noticing that more than a quarter of a cup of blood is coming up, you need to skip your Ob and go to the ER.  They can clip that tear so prevent further bleeding. 

I think that this is probably whats going on. Maybe not so much a tear but just some irritation. I really don't have anything left in my stomach to vomit. I'm definitely not vomiting cups of blood but its more than just tinged with blood. I think I'm going to just hold off and see if it gets better. I'm just so against medicine being prescribed for every little thing that I try to avoid doctors offices as much as possible. If it gets worse then I will definitely see someone about it. Thanks ladies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"