December 2011 Moms

Tornadoes - Electricity = No u/s

Our family is in North Alabama where the deadly tornadoes swept through on Wednesday.  Thankfully, we are all safe and there was no damage to our home.  However, the storms knocked out almost all of the towns power stations so the city will be without power for 5-7 days! 

So DD and I headed to the grandparents because I don't think 5 days without power with a 2 year old sounds like fun.  The worst news is I was supposed to have my first ultrasound on Friday - well, hard to get those machines to work without power. 

U/S has been rescheduled tenatively for Tuesday but they aren't even sure we will have power then.  I'm so anxious to check on LO and make sure that all is going well.  Guess I'll just have to be patient.

OH and I haven't told the grandparents yet.  Hiding major bloat and slight ms has been quite difficult. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tornadoes - Electricity = No u/s

• Wow, glad to hear your family is safe. Being without power is never fun but if that is the least of your problems I'm sure you'll take it.

I work for our gas and electric company so I know all about power outages first hand.. We've had crazy storms lately here in NY and lots of people without power.

Good luck with everything and hopefully Tuesday you'll have your U/S :)

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awww.  Waiting sucks.

Hope the city recovers soon and power is restored shortly. 

Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good thing you are all safe. Even though you really wanted that u/s, try to look on the bright side. Your family is ok, your home is not damaged, and you have a safe place to go for now.
  • Glad your family is safe. Sucks about the ultrasound. If family asked you could always say you caught a little stomach thing. Good luck on Tuesday!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • I live in northwest Alabama and my hometown is Tuscaloosa. I have seen the devastation around us and I am glad you are safe. My 1st u/s isn't scheduled until May 25th so I know the anxiety of waiting. :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"