3rd Trimester
Options

Where's MY glow?

I'm so frustrated with moms that I see looking absolutely beautiful during their pregnancy up till delivery (and no, not all are celebrities).  Why am I looking so fugly?  I have my occasional good day, usually Sunday but even that takes a lot of effort and by the afternoon I catch a glimpse in a window or something and realize that what I thought was cute is not so much, lol!  My issue is not the weight, that's normal.  I'm AA and my complexion has become so splotchy.  My usual pretty caramel skin looks terrible now.  Cheeks are about 3 to 4 shades darker than the rest of my face and the color on my neck is doing it's own thing too.  I try to even it out with make-up, but as the day goes on it looks yucky!  Add to this, I woke up yesterday to realize that my lips are now pregnant as well.  Oh, let's not forget the hairs I keep finding under my chin.  Anyone else feeling "unpretty" these last days of pregnancy?

Re: Where's MY glow?

• Options
    I've had more acne the last 33 weeks then I did my whole teenage life. Unless this "glow" thing plans on showing up within the next couple of weeks im going to start believing its an old wives tale.. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never felt pretty or had a glow with my first.  My face was broke out for the whole pregnancy and my face got really fat.  They say you give you beauty to your daughter. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemomtoRaegan041008:
    I never felt pretty or had a glow with my first.  My face was broke out for the whole pregnancy and my face got really fat.  They say you give you beauty to your daughter. 

Evyn is gonna be freaking beautiful then, lol! 

• Options
    I think my glow burnt out quite a while ago. Several people have told me "oh you look so great. You're just glowing." And I think, seriously? I looked in the mirror before I left the house, I know how crappy I look. Whoever said pregnancy is a beautiful thing was blind!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemomtoRaegan041008:

This is what I thought too, but I looked way better when I was pregnant with my daughter. This time it's supposedly a boy, and I look horrible. I have the mask of pregnancy, acne, and I'm getting more stretch marks. So that old wive's tale didn't hold true for me at all! 

• Options
    I think everything you are describing is pretty normal (i believe it's called the mask of pregnancy).  Sorry you don't feel as beautiful as you probably look.  Do you have time this week for a facial to make yourself feel pampered and relaxed? I'd skip the make-up and just get a good moisturizer, and focus on another feature like your hair! I felt icky mid pregnancy (16-22 weeks ish) because I didn't look pregnant, just fat!) but couldn't find clothes that made things look one way or the other.  It all passes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know what you mean.  I always look exhausted..and I just feel blah, and looking in a mirror doesn't help.  I'm waiting for my glow to appear too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a friend who I haven't seen in a while.  She keeps asking me to post pics on Facebook so she can see what I look like now.  I just politely ignore her, lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"