Baby Names

Molly?

What do you think of the name Molly Claire?

Our top name is Claire, but our last name is one syllable, so it sounds really choppy, just trying to think of some other options!

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Molly?

• I love Molly, but prefer it as a nn. It can stand alone (like Lucy or Max), but I'm a nn person and I like having a more formal option. It has traditionally been a nn for Mary (sometimes for Margaret, but much less often). We call DD Molly informally, but her name is Amalia.
  • I don't like it as a stand alone name.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • I know of a Molly Grace but I LOVE Molly Claire. Its beautiful and I like it better :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also think it sounds a little too cutesy for my personal taste. It's a fine name, just not my style.

The good news is, Claire sounds good as a middle name for just about anything (and has been used as a middle name for just about everything). Wink

• I dont hate the name Molly, but... every day I go to the dog park, there is at least 1 dog named Molly. So thats what I associate with that name.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I love the name Molly.  I think Molly Claire is perfect.
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    Molly is nice, but I LOVE Claire! Our last name is one syllable and Claire is on our list. 
  • I love Molly and Molly Claire sounds cute.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Molly is cute, but I used to babysit for a Mary Claire, and she was adorable!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I love the name Molly and I think that Molly Claire sounds great together!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • Thank you for the opinions ladies!
  • I think Molly Claire is pretty.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagefrasey:
    I dont hate the name Molly, but... every day I go to the dog park, there is at least 1 dog named Molly. So thats what I associate with that name.

I think Molly is the #1 dog name.  I love it, but we gave that name to our beagle and meet dogs named Molly all the time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love Molly, but Claire is boring IMO.
  • love it!!
    {wife, teacher, dog owner} {Isaiah 26:1} {trying to conceive} {www.dianashaedecor.com} my hobby
  • I LOOOVE Molly Claire!  This would be the name of my daughter if I didn't have a family friend that just named her daughter Molly.  Claire is my top pick for a middle name as well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i love molly, but as a nickname. how about margaret claire with the nn molly? margaret sounds great with a one-syllable last name.
  • I love Molly. Of course, I have one (Molly Fiona), so I may be a biased on this name.

I think Molly Claire sounds great. If you like Claire better, though, go with Claire. It may be a little harder to find a middle name that flows, but I don't consider flow a deal breaker. Go with the name you love the most--you'll have the fewest regrets that way.

I know Molly can be short for other things, but I love it as a standalone name. I know we could have named our daughter Mary or Margaret or a handful of other names, but when it came right down to it, we just really loved the name Molly. All the other names just sounded like a means to that end.

I sometimes hear that people don't find it formal enough. I kind of look at it as a "business casual" name. It's not the most formal option, but it still has a legitimately professional feel to it. I wouldn't think twice if my doctor, child's teacher, financial planner, etc. was named Molly, and I wouldn't automatically assume it was short for something.

As for everyone's dog being named Molly--there's not that much you can do about that!

• Love it.  Yes  Strangely enough, it would be one of our names.  Ha ha.  However, Claire (my ALL TIME FAV) was "stolen" as my niece's middle name.  Damn them.  LOL.  So we kept Molly as an option, just have to change the middle name.  But I love it.  It's one of our 2 choices.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I like Molly
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• imagewaterfall11:

I think Molly is the #1 dog name.  I love it, but we gave that name to our beagle and meet dogs named Molly all the time. 

My name is Molly Jane. I can't tell you how many times when meeting new people they've said to me "oh thats our dogs name!!". Hmm  I also have a distant cousin name Mollie. I have never heard of my name being a nn for another name like Margaret or Amelia. FWIW, my maiden name was also one syllabol and I never thought my name was "choppy". 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My name is Molly and I love it.  I don't think Molly Claire it too choppy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"