3rd Trimester

carpel tunnel anyone?

the past couple nights, i've been waking up with numbness in the tip of my right ring finger.  it's really weird.  usually it goes away after i change positions, but it was horrible last night.  and now, even though i've been up for more than 30 minute, the tip of the finger is still numb.  my arm feels weird too

does anyone know how to alleviate this pain/ numbness? 

tia! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: carpel tunnel anyone?

• I had a few days of bad carpel tunnel in my right arm. At first I didn't know what it was. It went from my wrist all the way to my shoulder. I've heard that the entire hand can go numb. All I can recommend is a splint. You can get one from target or walgreens. A chiropractor can adjust your wrist, too, but I've never had this done.
  • I'm having this issue really bad right now in my right hand and arm as well. I was up at 4:30am with the problem and it is truly no fun!! The only thing I read was a splint on it, especially sleeping to stabilize your wrists. Also, icing your wrist off and on. They said you can take tylenol, but it most likely won't really help too much. This is supposed to subside after pregnancy! I however am going to go get a massage today and I hope that maybe since I felt the pain from my shoulder to my hands, that maybe massaging the shoulder area and releasing tension may help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't felt my fingers since 18 weeks.  I sometimes get pain in my wrists as well.  Braces are the only "remedy" but I found them even more uncomfortable than the carpel.  I'm just hoping everything will return to normal when this boy is out of me!  lol!
  • Splints. I've been sleeping in them for 2 weeks and no longer wake up feeling pins and needles in my hands. Last night I fell asleep on the couch before I had put them on and I couldn't believe how my hands felt when I woke up. It was awful. It's definitely made me a believer in the splints. You might look like a pregnant C-3PO, but it's worth the money to pick up a pair at your local drugstore!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get this in both hands, mostly just my fingertips, but it's every finger and worse on my right hand than my left. It happens at night as well as throughout the day. My mom has bad carpal tunnel she said started when she was pregnant with me, so I guess I can probably look forward to this continuing after I'm not pregnant anymore. My suggestion is hand splints, they don't always work perfectly but at least help you get some sleep
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i'm so sorry you all are experiencing this, but at the same time, i'm glad i'm not the only one losing sleep over it (literally).  i'm going to get a pair of splints today and try them out tonight.  i really hope it goes away after delivery.  

thanks for all the advice ladies! 

• It sucks--I've had it a couple months now and nothing seems to make it go away.  Even washing my hair makes my hands numb! 

I did find a brace at Target that is for women---- so I just bought one for the right since it's worse and it has helped a bit at night. 

• I have it terribly. I wake up every few hours throughout the night with numb hands and have to dangle them off the side of the bed to get the blood flowing. When I'm awake, my fingers are all stiff and sore and I can hardly do things like write with a pen or snap my fingers. My doctor said there's not much more I can do other than wrap it or put it in a brace, which hasn't worked for me, but that it will go away after the baby is born.
  • I've got it again this time round....makes playing the xbox pretty hard Stick out tongue

I just stop what I'm doing and flex my hand and fingers a few times until it stops.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"