3rd Trimester

WWYD Registry question - odd situation (long)

So here's the situation: DH and I moved to London last year, but almost all of our family and friends live in New York (except for his parent who live in Ireland). My mother asked me to make a baby registry so that people can buy us gifts for the baby because I obviously can't have a real baby shower. All of my family and my mother's friends have been asking what they can send us. So I found a Babies R Us here and resitered there for a bunch of stuff and sent the link to my mom to send to everyone who asks.

The problem is that DH keeps asking if I have sent the link to the list to his sisters (he has 4 and they are jerks) and his mom, but I feel really uncomfortable doing that since NONE of them have asked. I know they will all most likely send us something when the baby is born, but I feel really weird about sending them an email basically telling them what to buy us when they haven't even asked! DH gets really defensive when we talk about his family though because I haven't always gotten along with them in the past (wedding planning was a nightmare and I almost killed them all), so what am I supposed to do? If I send the link it looks like I am asking for gifts (which I couldn't care less about, I'd rather buy everything myself and avoid the hassle), but if I don't send it then it looks like I am purposely excluding them (which they will take great offense to if they find out my family was sent a link).

What would you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: WWYD Registry question - odd situation (long)

• Let your DH send them the link.
  • imagekewltif:
    Let your DH send them the link.

Yes problem solved, let him deal with it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You could send them a quick hello and mention that your hubby wanted everyone to have a link to the registry, in case they wanted to get the baby something, but by no means is a gift expected.
  • imagekewltif:

I agree.  It's his family and since you don't seem to talk to them, I would make him do it if he is the one concerned. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Send it from his email address.
  • imagekewltif:

This.  Also, maybe he has spoken to them about it, so they are expecting it???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekewltif:

This!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't personally send them a link. My gut (agrees with yours) that they didn't ask you for it and if you sent it to them, who knows what that may stir up.

If your DH wants, he can send it to his Mom and sisters.

• imagekewltif:

this... this way if they want to say it is tacky etc and complain they can complain to him! I am sure they will not say anything to him due to they will of course not blame it on his upbringing.

I would feel odd too unless the person asked me directly to send it. but hey this is your dh doing it so you are in the clear...

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageAngel0423:

imagekewltif:

Yes problem solved, let him deal with it!

This. And if he refuses, tell him to shove it. Seriously. This is WAY more complicated than it needs to be. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If they haven't asked for it, I wouldn't send it. But you could have your DH send it so he wouldn't feel like you were excluding them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"