will this hurt supply? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

will this hurt supply?

my lo is five weeks.  once he reached his birth weight i stopped waking him every three to four hours overnight.  he is such a good sleeper however that over the past few weeks he is slowly sleeping longer and longer periods at night. first four hours then five or six, and last night seven and a half.  will this begin to hurt my supply if i let him sleep, and how long would you go overnight at five weeks, thanks.
BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: will this hurt supply?

• I would let him sleep as long as he wants. When my DS started sleeping longer at night, I would feed him around 8 and put him to bed, then pump before I went to bed at 1030 or so. For a while, when he woke up I was really engorged so I would feed him from one side and put him back down and then pump the other side. It'll help build your freezer stash too!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• image maryellen21:
    I would let him sleep as long as he wants. When my DS started sleeping longer at night, I would feed him around 8 and put him to bed, then pump before I went to bed at 1030 or so. For a while, when he woke up I was really engorged so I would feed him from one side and put him back down and then pump the other side. It'll help build your freezer stash too!

yup. me too

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards