Pregnant after 35
Options

We are team?..

pink. I gave birth at 2:56 pm Friday; Madelyn Rose came in at 6 lbs even and 20 inches. In my previous post, I mentioned that because I was diagnosed with preeclampsia on Thursday and the redo tests done Friday morning continued to show a drop in results, the only option to correct it would be to deliver. I had expected to go to the doctors Friday morning and then go back to work, boy did that not happen.

Because the numbers were so low, I was scheduled for a c-section that afternoon, the anesthesiologist said he would not allow me to have an epidural because I wouldn?t be able to clot and instead that I would be knocked out, this would mean DH would not be allowed in the OR (they treat it like an emergency c-section). There was a lot of information to comprehend but we didn?t have a lot of time and there were few options. I obviously wanted to do the right thing for this baby but was bummed out to wait until after I woke up to find out the gender and I would miss hearing the first cry. My doctor knew how important this was to me and asked DH if he had a phone that could record the final part of delivery. DH actually brought his musical video recorder and the doctor found a medical student who was willing to come into the OR and record our baby entering the world. I was so happy to hear that DH and I would be able to go back and watch Madelyn being born, let me tell you it was very emotional since I thought at first we were both going to miss it.

After Madelyn arrived a few tests were done, and then they brought her over to DH for some quality time. Almost an hour later, I awoke and was brought back to my room with DH and baby. I really don?t remember waking up or asking the same questions over and over ?Did we have a boy or girl?, ?What time was she delivered?, ?What did she weigh?, ?How long is she? because I was so groggy. I wasn?t able to do the first bath but they set up the table in our room at the foot of the bed and DH took pictures. It wasn?t until about 6 pm did I really start to feel a little better (minus the soreness of the c-section) my head was a little clearer. DH called both sets of parents (they live about 25 minutes away) and it was so nice to have them meet Madelyn. They also got to watch the video of her birth and my heart melts every time I hear that first cry.

So I didn?t have a May baby and my little birth plan didn?t go as scheduled but I am so happy that my little girl is here, is healthy and looks perfect.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
Trying to Conceive Ticker image

Re: We are team?..

• Options

Oh Vincent!!!! I'm actually crying reading your story. Tears of happiness that you had your perfect little baby girl!!! And after all the complications and changes you had a Dr. that really put you first and went out of his way to make sure yougot to see that moment! I am sooo Happy for you! A speedy recovery and we can't wait to see pictures! Take care of yourself and that little bundle of joy!! Congratulations!!!

• Options
    imagekimb311:

Oh Vincent!!!! I'm actually crying reading your story. Tears of happiness that you had your perfect little baby girl!!! And after all the complications and changes you had a Dr. that really put you first and went out of his way to make sure yougot to see that moment! I am sooo Happy for you! A speedy recovery and we can't wait to see pictures! Take care of yourself and that little bundle of joy!! Congratulations!!!

This! And I hate crying Smile

I'm so happy for you!! Glad you're both doing well!

Congrats and welcome to team pink! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww! Congrats on your little girl! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congratulations!!  

And what an awesome dr to have the video taken care of!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    Congrats Vincent. I cant wait to see some pictures of your princess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!  Yay, Madelyn!  
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Tears here too - I'm so happy to hear that despite all the curves thrown your way, you totally triumphed!!  It wasn't as you planned but wow, your baby girl is here and all the precious moments can be relived over and over again.

Rest up Mama, enjoy your new family - post pictures when you're up to it!!

• Options
    I posted below, but I wanted to congratulate you here on your official post.  Congratulations, and what a beautiful name for your baby girl.  Can't wait to see pictures!!
  • Options
    Tears are flowing.  I hope my SO doesn't walk upstairs.  I'm so glad everything worked out and that you have your beautiful baby.
  • Options
    Congrats to you new mom! :) It is a miracle how things can change in one day ha? Wishing you quick recovery! Welcome Medelyn Rose!:)
  • Options
    Congratulations!! So glad you are both healthy :)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options

Okay, we are a bunch of hormonal crazies .. y'all got me (ME!) crying .. lol

Congrats & welcome Baby Madelyn!

• Options

Oh congrats, honey!  And welcome to the world, little Madelyn (what a pretty name)!

"You done good," Vincent!  I know it was tough to have the rug pulled out from under you like that, but mom and baby are healthy and that's all that really matters. Yay for the med student videotaping for you!  Now you can hear that first cry over and over and over. 

Do you get to bring Madelyn home with you when you're discharged?  At 36 weeks it doesn't sound like she'll need any NICU time... halleluia! 

Enjoy mommyhood!  

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options

Congratulations to you!!!  Welcome Madelyn Rose... LOVE.. LOVE.. LOVE her name.. (it was on our list.. but we're having a boy...)

So happy for you that all went well despite all the other issues that you had going on... God bless.

• Options
    RizziBRizziB member
    Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl!!  It's wonderful that your doctor suggested that the birth could be recorded so you'd be able to hear the first cry.  Sounds like you were in great hands!
    Anniversary
    image image
    The third time was the charm!
    BFP #3 ~ 4.08.11 ~ EDD: 12.17.11 ~ DD born 12.13.11
    BFP #2 - 8.04.10 - missed m/c discovered 8.31.10, d&c 9.02.10
    BFP #1 - 5.20.10 - m/c 5.29.10 @ 5w6d
  • Options
    OH FABULOUS NEWS!!!! So happy for you!!! HURRAY and such a gorgeous name. What a story. Soooo glad you're well and so is your baby girl. So much for planning, but it doesn't matter. You have a sweet little girl!!!! Congratulations Vincent....so wonderful.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    tlc7068tlc7068 member
    Congrats!!!  I love her name.  can't wait to see pics.  I am so glad your doc was able to get video of the birth.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekimb311:

I can't say it any better.  Congratulations, Vincent and Baby Madelyn!!!!!

• Options

I keep trying to take breaks from sitting online and I miss all the great news!

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!!

• Options
    YAY!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR BABY GIRL!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Options
    What a beautiful story!  It made me cry!!  Congratulations to you.  I love the name you chose!  Best wishes for your speedy recovery and enjoy every minute with that sweet baby girl.  Yay for TEAM PINK!!! Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"