3rd Trimester
Options

Small panic attack/Rant

Okay, baby can come at any time. I feel like it could all start in the next 5 minutes, which means I'll probably be overdue. Anyway...

DS is asleep in bed, DH is asleep on the couch, the house is friggen trashed. Our room has clothes everywhere. My problem is that I have my regular clothes and all my maternity clothes, so there are going to be random stack of clothes because there isn't room in the drawers. What's my DH's excuse? Monkey see monkey do?

All our dinner dishes are all over the kitchen and dining room table. The deal is, I make dinner and empty the dishwasher and he does the dishes. Only thing is, he does them in the morning. 

So here comes my panic attack. Say I go into labor in the middle of the night. We call the neighbor to sleep on our couch until morning when DS wakes up. Neighbor wakes up to the messiest house ever, right? Not cool!

So I just spent the last 40 minutes stuffing all of my clothes into some place, putting my shoes away, at least clearing the table (had to keep myself from doing the dishes), picking up all of DS's toys, starting a load of laundry, even straightening out the couch pillows. I might have to do the dishes and sweep up dog hair before I go to bed.

This could happen any moment, and my house is perpetually trashed. No matter when it happens, someone is going to be in my house judging me and that is not okay. I figure the least I can do is make sure MY stuff is neat and blame DH and DS for the rest, right? Then maybe I save face? I'm freaking out here!

Ok, I'm being a little crazy I know. But still...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Small panic attack/Rant

• Options

I feel that way! I live with my parents, & my younger brother (21years old). I'm the only one thinking "what if this happens today". So every morning I have to wake up, clean everything from the night before, BEFORE I worry about my own stuff. It's really frustrating. I don't want to bring LO home to a crazy mess. & It's not that it's "dirty" just stuff that needs put away.

Right now my mother has turned the kichen table into coupon central. Next to it is a mini sewing center she set up with clutter all around it, baby chickens are on another mini table until they are a couple days old and can go out in the barn, dishes are stacked high, water cups are all over the counters/side tables, throw blankets are actually thrown everywhere, there is dog hairballs all over the corners of the house, dirty clothes are in the bathroom, & coats/purses/shoes/socks/slippers are scattered randomly everywhere.

I've tried to explain to everyone that I really can't keep up on their messes, and also keep me & my sons stuff caught up. I also have to find time and energy to get all my baby stuff completely organized, cleaned, & ready. At the end of the day it's impossible.

Thanks for letting me vent and share your post. If you find out what works, let me know :( 

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • Options

Well, you got 3 options:

1. Clean up so your house looks somewhat decent (not spotless) and just accept it for what it is.

2. Have DH clean it, or clean it yourself so that it passes your approval.

3. Just hire someone to come in and clean it (personally, what I would do!) Totally worth it, in your situation

GL :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like nesting to me :-)

Just calm down ...you have enough to worry about. And anyone that would blame or judge a 38 week pregnant woman for not cleaning house ...is the one that is crazy, not you!

feel better

• Options
    imageJessynlove:

Sounds like nesting to me :-)

Just calm down ...you have enough to worry about. And anyone that would blame or judge a 38 week pregnant woman for not cleaning house ...is the one that is crazy, not you!

feel better

This. Don't worry so much. People understand that us pregnant girls can't do as much as we used to. Life is hectic, things get messy. Oh well.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     I think it's funny that the most rational posts are from <35 weeks preggers people.  Anyway I'm also in the crazed nesting phase and can't seem to calm down unless everything is spotless!
  • Options
    Ha! I do a load of laundry every night and run the diswasher when it's only half full(way to kill the earth I know) to satisfy my anxiety of going into labor and then coming hime and having my MIL trying to do my laundry!  If it doesn't exist no one can "help me" right?? lol! My place gets cleaner and cleaner everyday!  And now that I am officially on maternity leave I will be packing up all of my maternity work clothes and putting them in storage to make more room in my closet for anything i need to "hide"! lol!
  • Options
    Take a deep breath.  Pick up the phone and hire a cleaning person for this week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options

So my DH and I are both young teachers in CA... which means hiring someone to clean is out. I even sent my DH a Living Social deal for 1/2 off house cleaning. DH doesn't feel comfortable with a stranger in our house (like we have anything nice enough to steal!)

I talked to my DH this morning as he was scrubbing the stovetop (he's good- he just waits until morning!), so maybe he will help me keep things neat. 

It is funny that the ladies who are not in their last weeks are the ones rationally trying to solve the problem... Just wait ladies, just wait... :)

After a full night's sleep and a clean house, I feel better. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I worry about it too. My in-laws will likely be the ones who come over if we go in the middle of the night and I dread the thought of them seeing my house messy. I'm already trying to keep up with it all.

I'm also worried about coming home to a messy house. DH and the kids help a lot, but I have to point out what needs to be done. I'm actually thinking I'll make a list of things for them to do while I'm in the hospital, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"