3rd Trimester

Boppies are Machine Washable?

Can you really machine wash a Boppy?   I mean, it says you can on the tag but that just seems so weird to me.  I feel like it will get all out of shape.  Anyone machine washed theirs?  Did it come out ok?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Boppies are Machine Washable?

• I just got a ton of different covers for it and changed it out as they got dirty. My actual pillow never got dirty enough to need to be washed.
  • I was wondering this too.  I thought it'd be strange.  I received a Boppy Lounger as a gift (seems quite nice actually and will use it), but the cover is NOT removable.  So dumb.  I'll just have to throw a blanket over it when the baby lays on it.  There is only one slipcover available for it but I think it's ugly - I like the design that it has now.

I have a regular boppy as well - and I just have a spare slip cover.  I don't plan on washing the actual boppy.

• Loading the player...
  • I just washed mine after being packed away for a year...I washed it on cold and on the delicate cycle. It cam out fine, I hung it to dry it.
  • I washed mine with no problem.  I think I read to dry with tennis balls, though.  I can't remember if I did that, but it was fine.  I have a cover, too, but I had a hand me down Boppy and wanted to wash it as well.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • imagechloephoebecali:
    I washed mine with no problem.  I think I read to dry with tennis balls, though.  I can't remember if I did that, but it was fine.  I have a cover, too, but I had a hand me down Boppy and wanted to wash it as well.

Yeah, mine is a hand me down also and I want to wash it.  Do you mean put tennis balls in the dryer with it?  I guess that keeps it from getting deformed?

• mine is pretty old, from ds who is 5 now...

i took it out and washed it when dd arrived and it was just fine... i also didn't read the washing instructions and threw it in the dryer and it still came out just fine

i'll be using and washing it again, but this time following the directions

that's what happens when you become an adult you follow washing labels Smile

• i have 2 one for upstairs and one for downstairs...machine washed both multiple times, they came out just fine!!
  • My boppy was a hand me down too, and I washed it in the washer and it came out just fine.  We use those plastic bumpy dryer balls anyway in the dryer, so maybe thats why its fine, even though I didn't use tennis balls?
  • imagegymnst1013:

imagechloephoebecali:
    I washed mine with no problem.  I think I read to dry with tennis balls, though.  I can't remember if I did that, but it was fine.  I have a cover, too, but I had a hand me down Boppy and wanted to wash it as well.

Yeah, mine is a hand me down also and I want to wash it.  Do you mean put tennis balls in the dryer with it?  I guess that keeps it from getting deformed?

I wash mine all the time. The tennis balls beat it in the dryer and keep it in shape, just like a comforter or regular pillow.  

• I just wash the cover
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, they are.  I've washed mine (case and pillow itself) and it turned out perfectly fine.  We have a front load washer, but I suspect it would be fine either way.
  • I let someone borrow mine so when it was returned to me I wanted to wash it. I have a front load washer, I washed it on delicate. I also dried it on delicate and put a tennis ball in a tied up pillow case and threw it in with it. It came out fine.

My cousin had told me about the tennis ball thing. When I goggled it, the Boppy website came up and the washing/drying instructions were right there. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"