Natural Birth

Newby!

I'm new to the whole natural birthing idea, and was wondering if I could get some good advice from the ladies that have done this before.  I haven't received any positive reactions to my birthing decisions from anyone (not DH, my mom, MIL, friends, etc).  I'm really getting discouraged, but I have researched the pros and cons of natural birth and really feel that it would be best for LO and I.  While DH still can't figure out my reasoning and isn't totally on board, he has said that he'll be my birthing partener and will support me on however I want to give birth.  I know we're getting a late start, but I'm just now starting to research our options.  I've read some about Hypnobabies and I've briefly heard about Bradley, but I don't really know anything about natural birth (I don't personally know anyone that's done it).  I was wondering if you ladies can give me your tips, advice, and opinions on different techniques.  All will be appreciated!  Thanks in advance for your help, and I'm really hoping to find some support here :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newby!

• I'm new to this too, but here are some things that really helped, inspired, and made me more informed:

Documentary: The Business of Being Born

Books: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, Birthing From Within, Orgasmic Birth

Natural Birth board: Read people's birth stories!

Lots of women birth naturally, and current research says: the less intervention the better (unless it's needed!!!).

I'm no expert, but hopefully this helps! :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am getting the same reactions. I am in the process of changing hospitals and OB because of this. The first thing I did was decided to tell as few people as possible. The general concenus I got from today's culture about birthing is that going natural is an uphill battle. It's felt sort of like a fight. LOL! My DH was on board but up until I wanted a doula. His feeling was that he was being replaced. My view was that since this is my first and he has never participated or seen a natural birth either that we would get to the hospital alone and get talked into unnessecary interventions because we just didn't know any better. Hospitals will use the guilt trip tactic to pressure parents into using agumentation to speed up the process just because they don't want you taking longer than THEY think you should. I watched Ricki Lake's The Business of Being Born on YouTube. It is awesome and I recommend it. I agree too with the other poster, most of the interventions end up hurting more than helping. My view is that birth is a natural process and shouldn't be manipulated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Thitsaboyblue Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • welcome! Check out natural childbirth the bradley way, I think that is the most helpful in a short amount of time
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"