Success after IF

I think we need to get a latch for the fridge.

Nicholas can now open the fridge and take things out.  He knows where I keep "his stuff" (cottage cheese, cheese sticks, mini bagels, black beans) and will take out stuff to eat.   That's fine, but:  A) If he keeps eating his cheese sticks he won't have any for school lunch (he gets one cheese stick for lunch everyday) and I'm a cheapskate who doesn't want to buy a pack of cheesesticks every other day.  and B) Depending on what time he raids his stash, he won't want to eat his upcoming meal   and C) I don't want him to think that if he doesn't eat what I give him for lunch or dinner, that he can just help himself to the contents of the fridge whenever he wants.

Tonight my mom babysat him and she said he opened the fridge, after he had eaten dinner and took out: The milk and had 3 cups of milk.  Then he took out the black beans and handed them to her to give him some and also handed her a cottage cheese.

I wish he'd find the veggies/fruit and eat those too.   I want to get a latch for the fridge so Nicholas doesn't eat me out of house and home.   Oh and I just had a vision of him opening the fridge and dumping a carton of eggs on the floor. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think we need to get a latch for the fridge.

• A fridge latch is next on my list.  Caroline LOVES to play in the fridge, and it is only a matter of time before she figures out how to open it.

• I have had a latch on my fridge since Penny was born pretty much.  I am on my third one now (they have worn out or been busted by adults who don't know how to open it!).  Reed knows how to open the latch but Penny doesn't yet.

Penny has dropped a carton of eggs.  Reed has spilled the milk jug. 

I look after my niece plus my two...playing in the fridge is not allowed.

I know people come to my house and think I am crazy, but I clean enough all day...I don't need to be policing the fridge too.

• Loading the player...
  • imagedundasgirl:

I have had a latch on my fridge since Penny was born pretty much.  I am on my third one now (they have worn out or been busted by adults who don't know how to open it!).  Reed knows how to open the latch but Penny doesn't yet.

Penny has dropped a carton of eggs.  Reed has spilled the milk jug. 

I look after my niece plus my two...playing in the fridge is not allowed.

I know people come to my house and think I am crazy, but I clean enough all day...I don't need to be policing the fridge too.

Can you recommend a good latch?  The one we had sucked. it was like holding the fridge closed with scotch tape.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • https://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Products/Home-Safety/Latches-Locks/Details/94-48482-Multi-Purpose-Appliance-Latch

This is the one we have.  We have one on a cupboard and one on our fridge.  The reason we have had to replace it is because we have a very absentminded adult friend who pulled the sticky side off the fridge door instead of unlatching it properly.  How could he not know he was doing something WRONG?!?!?! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"