3rd Trimester

packing hospital bag for youself

What did you pack for yourself in the hospital bag?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: packing hospital bag for youself

• shampoo/conditioner/bodywash/face cleansing wipes

toothpaste/toothbrush

robe and slippers

yoga pants/sweats and tanks

some granny panties. Not sure If I will use or not though

socks

a Victoria secret sweats outfit to wear home

camera/video camera and both chargers

be sure to grab the phone chargers

baby book-for footprints

lotion and chap stick

Boppy

I may be missing some of it here. This is just off the top of my head.

-Then there is the stuff for LO and DH...going home outfit/hats/headband. DH's clothes, glasses, contact case and solution etc.

For all of the last minute stuff that would have to go in out the door (chargers, toothbrush, glasses etc) I have a list written up sitting on top of the bag with the stuff that needs to be thrown in.

• toothbrush, toothpaste, foundation, 2 t-shirt, one pair of pants, 1 pair of underwear (my super-comfy maternity stuff that is in low supply), one nursing cami, one sweater that I can nurse without removing, 1 sweatshirt, a couple pads (just in case). I am planning a homebirth so the hospital bag is really just for emergencies.
  • Loading the player...
  • here is a list although some of it is excessive.

https://theparentsite.com/pregnancy/ptb.asp

• Personal Hygiene:

Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, chap stick, lotion, makeup, hair ties, hair brush, deodorant, and all of the same basics for DH.

Clothing:

Socks, Nightgowns, Sports bras and/or nursing bras, extra clothes for DH, something comfy to wear home (most likely still maternity clothes...sorry!).

Other:

Snacks, drinks, camera, computer, cell phone chargers.

Baby:

Coming home outfit, a couple of basics, a favorite blanet, swaddling blankets (my nurses LOVED mine), and consider bringing newborn sized diapers. Many hospitals use size 1. Size 1 work for most babies, but I've found that even larger babies like DS (8lbs8oz) seemed more comfortable in NB size. They fit their cord better and didn't seem as bulky. My hospital doesn't even carry NB diapers!

• With DD water broke before I packed my bag..so it was mainly whatever I could remember and throw into our bag..

Toiletries, phone chargers set of going home clothes for me and DD, a camera and extra batteries..

Didnt need anything else..

Turns out my hospital provided most toiletries as well (lotions, shampoos, make up removers etc) So just toothpate/brush hairbrush that kind of stuff was needed.

• We ended up bringing waaaaaay too much stuff when we had our son. This time I'm just bringing toiletries and an outfit to go home in.  And snacks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine isn't packed yet but this is what I think I'll probably pack:

2 nursing tanks, 2 nursing bras, a pair of gauchos, a pair of yoga pants, some sort of comfy outfit to come home in (probably another pair of gauchos or yoga pants depending on how hot it is around that time), my Nook, chargers (phone, camera, laptop, Nook, USB port, mp3), granny panties, socks, flip flops, boob lube (works better than Lansinoh), breast pads, a couple of DVDs, my own shampoo, conditioner, etc.

For the baby I'll bring a coming home outfit and that's probably it. A blanket to put over the carseat. Our hospital provides tons of diapers so we'll use those.

I will make sure this time that DH has some stuff packed beforehand. Last time he didn't and had to have a friend go by our house to get him more boxers and tshirts because he didn't have any.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAprilLynn09:

For all of the last minute stuff that would have to go in out the door (chargers, toothbrush, glasses etc) I have a list written up sitting on top of the bag with the stuff that needs to be thrown in.

I just started getting mine together.  I actually bought extras of a lot of this so I wouldn't have to remember.  I have an extra toothbrush (a travel one that folds in half to store in its case), contact solution and case.  I also bought travel sizes of all of my toiletries (shampoo, etc, even a loofa).

Also, don't forget nursing stuff: bras/tanks, pump, pads, creme

You may want your ipod and laptop and some magazines for entertainment.

GL

• i judt did mine last week i bought some comfy gowns lots of panties stored cash just bought a bunch of toiletries and put them in the bag vicotira secrets hoodies and a sports bra and nursing bra. i also bought a ipod nano with the whole playlist that i think i will listen to im leaving my classic at home. and its all stuffed in my dufflebag under my bed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hospital actually gave me a list of things they dont supply that i might want and from there i chose what to pack.  But pretty much just pajamas for my stay after the birth, toiletries that i prefer, underwear, boppy, slippers, robe, birth plan, chapstick, nursing bras and i we are bringing our laptop to play our music and such as well.. other than that the hospital provided everything else (obviously we have a diaper bag ready for the baby that is not included in that list)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First time around I brought WAY too much stuff for myself - I wore the hospital gowns and panties the whole time b/c you're still bleeding and yucky and it's better to ruin their stuff!  This time I'm taking a book, ipod, phone and charger, camera, laptop, camera cord to upload photos to email off to family, sweats to go home in, Uggs, 1 newborn outfit for baby and a receiving blanket, toiletries/makeup and some slippers or comfy socks and the Boppy.  Baby wore hospital clothes until the last day too, including hats and blankets and cash for hubby to buy snacks/coffee/food. 
  • Slippers

Large Pads(I know the hospital gives you these but I want some I like)

Panties I don't mind throwing away later

Body Wash &Lotion

Comfy towel

Toothbrush and toothpaste

Deodorant

Makeup Bag(haha I doubt I use it but who knows?)

Ponytail Holders

Coming home outfit

Cell phone charger

Birth Plan

List of numbers for my husband to call

Nursing Bra

...And maybe a few other things

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"