Pregnant after IF

update on me and my mom

First, little update on me. I mentioned in my post yesterday that my OB said I was measuring ahead, but I didn't think to ask how far ahead. Well, I asked today, and was told 2 week ahead! I'm scared I'm going to give birth to a giant...

Also, I was asked in a previous post how my mom is doing (since I haven't updated on her situation in a while). Unfortunately, not any better. She is having a continued mental decline. It seems at times she is living more in her childhood, other times she is living in the past (say, early to mid 1980's). Then, on top of that, I got a call at 1am Monday night from the nursing home letting me know they were sending mom to the hospital. Her hemoglobin came back low (they were going to send her for a transfusion the next day, and were told to monitor her vitals overnight), and then her blood pressure dipped down to 60/38. That's what caused them to rush her to the hospital.

They gave her 2 units of blood that night, another 1 the next day. They did an upper GI scope the following day, expecting to see her previously healed stomach ulcers bleeding again, causing these problems. However, they didn't find any bleed that way. I fully expected them to keep doing tests to find the source of the bleed (this is the 2nd time in 6 weeks she has had evidence of an internal bleed and they still haven't found the cause), but no....they moved her from the ICU to the regular medical floor to be monitored and they are doing no further testing! I'm so furious with them. I'm going up there tomorrow morning, and will see what I can accomplish.

Thanks for thinking of me and my mom, etoyama!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SAIFW

Re: update on me and my mom

• Ugh, so much stress for you.  I'm sorry sweetie, sending you hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekaterena:
    Ugh, so much stress for you.  I'm sorry sweetie, sending you hugs.

Thanks, hon. Yeah, it's stressful, but luckily it doesn't seem to be impacting my LO! My blood pressure has been good still, and no complications with her (thankfully!). Maybe I just deal with stress well?!

We are going up to visit mom in the hospital tomorrow, and I may have to put on my "b!tch hat". When I just talked to the hospital tonight, there's still no word on further testing on my mom, and her hemoglobin went down to 6 again today, requiring her to get 2 more units of blood. This indicates to me that she still has a bleed SOMEWHERE and they need to get off their asses and figure something out. Grrrr! 

SAIFW
  • Loading the player...
  • Lots of hugs , & t & ps for you and your mom hun.
  • Oh sweetie, that must be so stressful. Big (((hugs))) to you and I hope they don't give up on testing until they figure out the cause.
  • Lots of hugs.  That is so much to be worried about while pregnant.

A few weeks ago, I was measuring 3 weeks ahead.  My OB was a bit concerned and I was freaking out about having a 10 lb baby.  She ordered a growth scan and our little girl measured in the 63rd percentile at that time...perfectly normal.  Just this week I had another OB appt and when she measured at this point...I am spot on!  I measured 33 weeks and I was 32 weeks 5 days.  Have they talked about doing a growth scan at all?  My OB figured the baby was just laying in a weird position and that I had a lot of amniotic fluid at that point.

• Big (((HUGS))) I am so sorry things continue to be difficult with your mom and with her medical team. I will continue to keep her, you and you family in my T&Ps. as for your LO measuring ahead, well, maybe they just caught her when shed had a growth spurt :) don't be scared! She's nice and healthy and strong!
  • T&P for your mom.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • imageDrVWife:

Lots of hugs.  That is so much to be worried about while pregnant.

A few weeks ago, I was measuring 3 weeks ahead.  My OB was a bit concerned and I was freaking out about having a 10 lb baby.  She ordered a growth scan and our little girl measured in the 63rd percentile at that time...perfectly normal.  Just this week I had another OB appt and when she measured at this point...I am spot on!  I measured 33 weeks and I was 32 weeks 5 days.  Have they talked about doing a growth scan at all?  My OB figured the baby was just laying in a weird position and that I had a lot of amniotic fluid at that point.

No talk about doing a growth scan yet. I'm scheduled for my 1 hour GTT in 4 weeks (just shy of 28weeks), so maybe I will ask about it then. This was the first measurement done, so I'm not TOO worried. Of course, I'm 5'8" and my DH is 6'4", so I'm not deluded into thinking I will have a petite baby! I'm just hoping that I don't have gestational diabetes, because I know (among other things) that it can lead to higher birth weight and such... 

SAIFW
  • JenCWJenCW member

Oh, I am so sorry that your mom's health is not improving.  It's got to be so stressful to see her declining, and then add to that the fact that her medical team seems to be lacking.  You are doing such an amazing job keeping everything going.  Good luck as you head up there today.

As far as LO, I'm glad she's strong and growing.  Measurements can be off at times, so try not to be too concerned yet.

• Ive been a long time lurker and have been following the story of you and your mom. I am sorry to hear she isnt doing well and i hope you get some answers soon. Glad to hear you and LO are doing ok! Hugs to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"