Pregnant after IF

Should I wear heels to a wedding tomorrow night?

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow night. (I actually have another one Memorial Day weekend and another one the last weekend in June.) ?I am wearing a knee-length black maternity dress. I have black heels, and my mom yelled at me and said I should wear flats! What should I do? If I do wear flats, I will have to go buy them, but I could probably get a pair for an okay price. What do you think?

?

DS born 7.30.11

Re: Should I wear heels to a wedding tomorrow night?

• I think as long as you're comfortable and can walk in them, you should go for it.  I had pg co-workers who wore heels almost all the way to delivery.  Maybe bring a pair of comfy flip-flops to change into at the reception if you're going to be dancing a lot, but you'll be fine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Wear what's comfy.  I can't get my fat feet into anything except flip flops now so that's what I would wear...LOL!
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i look for any excuse to not wear heels. the only time i wore heels during pregnancy was around 5 weeks. ETA - and i will do whatever i can to not wear them again!

if it were me, i would go buy the flats and be comfy. you are PG, you can get away with it :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore heels every single day until I found out I was pregnant. Then I switched over to flats. Now my feet won't even fit into my flats, so it's flip-flop city for me. It'll be nice getting back into my heels :)

That being said, I'd wear what's comfy and what you feel "safe" in. Have a fun time!
  • grazygrazy member
    Hmmmm I will have to look into flats perhaps. Any recommendations of a pair that would look good????
    DS born 7.30.11
  • I say go for heels if you are comfy in them!! 
  • I had a formal work event to go to around 27 weeks and I bought a pair of cute cheap flats from Payless. I was really happy at the end of the night that I did that. Plus I ended up wearing them a lot through my pregnancy. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• imageYellow_Daisy:
    Wear what's comfy.  I can't get my fat feet into anything except flip flops now so that's what I would wear...LOL!

Agreed!  I wore heels to an event we attended a few weeks ago and just brought flip-flops with me.  I was sitting most of the time so I did okay.

• I hate heals so I would use any excuse not to wear them. Do what's comfortable for you!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Why not wear your heels and then buy a pair of those Dr shole ( no clue how to spell it) flats that fold up and can fit in your purse. Then if your feet get tired you can throw on the cheapie pair.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I could fit my fat, swollen feet into heels, I would!  Especially if you aren't having an issues maintaining your balance or walking.  And I assume they aren't 6 inch heels!
  • grazygrazy member
    I bought a pair of really cute and really comfy flats and I am so glad I did! :)
    DS born 7.30.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"