January 2012 Moms
Options

MIL's Reaction

"Are you kidding me?" (not in an excited way)
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MIL's Reaction

• Options
    booo!! Im sorry she didnt give a good reaction :( you know she will be excited when that bundle of joy arives, but i understand the shock of her not being excited. feel free to vent it out! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With DS when I told her she said,"I am not ready to be a grandmother yet!" Then handed me $10 and told me to go buy a test and test again in the morning. Now she is obsessed with him, and is constantly saying that she is happy she is young enough to play and chase him around!
                     7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh!! Why do people say stuff like that?!  Sorry you didn't get a better reaction, but as others have said, she will be excited when your LO comes!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know she was really surprised, but usually I can contain myself from blurting out the first thing that pops into my head! It's just because we are in the middle of trying to get new jobs and sell our house. I believe that things happen for a reason, so we were thrilled with the surprise!
  • Options
    My mom was shocked, and said that she wasn't ready to be a grandmother yet.  And although she adores Natalie, she still doesn't want to be called grandma, 2 years later.
  • Options
    My MIL's reaction was saying that I only got pregnant to keep my husband behind our backs. She is nuts, so I don't take anything she says to heart.
  • Options
    :( I'm sorry. I wish people knew how to filter their thoughts. Like other people said, though, once your little bundle of joy is here, everything will change!
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry! It really sucks when people close to you don't share the same excitement that you have over your wonderful news.  DH and I are not going to tell our parents until next month when we go down to visit them... so I am hoping for shared excitement.

We all share your excitement here!!!! YEA for being pregnant Smile

• Options
    imageztalady18:

I'm sorry! It really sucks when people close to you don't share the same excitement that you have over your wonderful news.  DH and I are not going to tell our parents until next month when we go down to visit them... so I am hoping for shared excitement.

We all share your excitement here!!!! YEA for being pregnant Smile

Thank you!

• Options
    That sucks. Sorry your MIL didn't give you the reaction you expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"