Multiples
Options

Teach me how to bathe 5 month olds ...

Typically we both aren't home to do baths.  We've been using a tub at the kitchen sink, but they are so wiggly that it just isn't working out and they can't sit up yet unassisted, but do all right in bumbos ...

So ... how do we bathe them?  Do we need something like this? 

Help us .... 

Clicky to our blog!! imageimage 14 Months Old!

Re: Teach me how to bathe 5 month olds ...

• Options

We still use the baby tub inside our bathtub...would that work better then the sink?

GL!

MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    I have bath seats like that and they don't work that well for kids who can't sit unassisted. B/c it's slippery and stuff the babies slide forward and end up leaning back. It's not comfy at all for them (but fine when they can sit themselves). At 5mths I just used my baby bathtub ober the sink. I'd still use that thing except it's easier to bathe them together. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We were bathing them one at a time in the baby bath tub until last week when we were on vacation and used the Bumbos. I know it's not the best idea and I'm probably violating 17 different kinds of warnings, warranties and laws, but, in the short term, it works because we can bathe them together. 

If I were doing it alone, I'd just have one strapped in a bouncy seat or sitting in a bumbo while I bathed the other in the baby bathtub, set in the regular tub.

• Options

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3247567

Hello! This is what I use for my girls since birth. We place it over our kitchen sink. It works great for us because they don't slide and that green bar keeps them up high. Once they get bigger you can remove it.   They are 6 months old so I can do it with out help now because they can sit up unassisted but it gives you a little more control because they have to lay back a bit rather then sitting upright. Of course you have to be quick to respond to any sudden moves, LOL they love the water and sometimes like to move all around but usually they are good. LOL  I really love this tub and will keep using it for a while.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"