Northern California Babies
Options

DH traveling late in pregnancy?

DH was just invited to a good friend's bachelor party in Vegas when I will be 38 weeks pregnant.

Oh one hand I want him to go because it's for a good friend, and I went so far past due with Mads that it seems silly to make him stay home.

However, I known that every pregnancy is different and I could have this baby at any point.

Would you "let" DH travel that late in your pregnancy?  Have you in the past?  If so did you have any guidelines/backup plans etc?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH traveling late in pregnancy?

• Options
    DH flew to New York for a wedding when I was 38 weeks pregnant with DD#2.  I was definitely concerned that he would miss something!  DD#1 was 9 days late, so we were pretty sure we'd be okay.  I had a friend stay with me the whole time, and ended up not going into labor (DD#2 was 5 days early).  We figured that if I did go into labor, he would literally go to the airport (Amazing Race style!) and get on the next available flight.  But having someone there with me the whole time was a must!
  • Options
    DH travelled to TX when I was 30 weeks and then when I was 36 weeks he went down to the Bay area. I was okay with him travelling since I had ILs in town that could be at the hospital with me in case of issues, I worked right 2 miles from the hospital, and DH was 2 hours by car when he was at the beach and 2 hours by plane when he was in TX. I felt pretty good about it all and didn't mind him travelling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Did you find a jogging stroller for your MIL house? If not contact me.

Thanks

Candice

candice.knottie@gmail.com

I think I would let him go. Las Vegas is not that far if you do go into labor.

• Options
    Nope, no way. every pregnancy is different and you never know when you'll go into labor. No travel after 36 weeks was my rule.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm with Katie, we had a no travel after 36 weeks rule in this house.  I must admit that I had a high risk pregnancy requiring c section (so going into labor on my own would be considered a severe emergent situation) so no long labor for DH to get home.

I do think it's good that it's somewhere close, not only is it a quick plane ride but you've also got the benefit of tons of flights daily so he literally could be on a plane within 2 hours of you calling him which is not possible in most locations.

There are a few things that would factor in for me, what your labor was like last time, how much it would cost for him to hop on a last minute flight (this sounds easy in theory but I know I've been in situations where I'm at the airport early and they want to charge me all kinds of rediculous fees so that basically you are buying a last minute ticket), and lastly who could stay with you while he's gone to make sure that you're not on your own.

• Options
    I'd be in the no way category, but I'm an anxious person to begin with. Vegas is not so far, so it's probably doable if he could jump a flight if you went into early labor real quickly, but I would not be comfortable. You never know what could happen, if you are having an urgent situation, it could be a real problem. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"