South Florida Babies

OBGYN

It seems like we've had a lot of OBGYN posts lately, and well...here's one more. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about South Florida Perinatal or Dr. Limousin? Or if you have any other OB's names I can look them up against my insurance and see if they're an accepted provider. 

Thanks ladies!! :)

***Oh, and I'd like to stay with someone who's attached either to Baptist or South Miami hospital. 

Re: OBGYN

• I only went to South Florida Perinatal for my special appointments. NT scan and Anatomy scan. On the positives...The techs were nice so were the nurses.

For the negatives, I hate the way they draw blood there. The nurses don't do it to well. The other thing I did not like about the office was that the wait was always SOOOOOO long. I think since they not only have their own patients but do those special u/s's for other offices they are very busy. I'm not sure how it is for their own patients but the waiting room time was always the worst when we went. I had to go on 4 separate occasions and even just for a quick blood draw it was a 45 minute wait once.

I went to Women's Personal Physicians (i believe that's the full name they are using now). I saw Dr. Kellogg who I LOVED and Alexis did too. The nurses there are awesome. I also saw Dr. Bestard for a few visits when Dr. K was out of town and he was really great as well. So much so that Alexis said we should use him for our next baby. Dr. K was always so busy our appointments were really quick. Which was fine by me because if I had questions he answered them but Dr. Bestard really took his time. I'll probably stick with Dr. K since he delivered J but I really loved them both :)

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • and wait....are you asking cause you're moving??!
    TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

TTC #2
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.HisOnly:
    and wait....are you asking cause you're moving??!

Yep! :) I'm actually already here, but haven't made any FB announcements or anything because we're still settling in and getting used to life with 2. We got here on Wednesday, so I'm working on getting all the insurance stuff switched over.

I also need to look up a primary for me & a pedi for the girls. 

• imageUMwife:

imageMrs.HisOnly:
    and wait....are you asking cause you're moving??!

Yep! :) I'm actually already here, but haven't made any FB announcements or anything because we're still settling in and getting used to life with 2. We got here on Wednesday, so I'm working on getting all the insurance stuff switched over.

I also need to look up a primary for me & a pedi for the girls. 

Awe yay!!! :) Where are you living?

For a pedi we take J to pediatric professionals. There is a woman doctor there, Dr. Jana Myers and I hear she is awesome. A lot of my girl mommy friends take their LO's to her :)

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear

TTC #2
  • Dr. Carlos Pena is great! He delivered Matthew, and was there through my 2 m/c before. He delivers at Baptist and his office is right there in the Medical Arts building.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Hello! I go to Dr. Apollon in Kendall and she is wonderful and very knowledgeable. The other two doctors at this practice are Dr. Pelaez and Dr. Karsenti which are also very good. They all deliver at Baptist Hospital.
  • YAY!!!!!  I see Dr. Glick.  He's awesome.

• I see Dr. Kellogg and I love him. I take the boys to Dr. Ginsburg @ Pediatric Professionals but there are a couple of great women doctors there, I highly recommend Dr. Kuhn though. I see Dr. Finer (a woman) sometimes as well, she rocks (but ALL of them do).
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi :)

I went to So FL Perinatal for my NT and anatomy scan, I liked the - nothing negative to say but I didn't have a lot of interaction with them.

For a pedi, I also went to Pediatric Professional, but saw Dr. Kuhn, a woman and I loved her!  

image image

• AlbahAlbah member

Happy to see you are in town. ;) I used S. Florida Perinatal for Ultrasounds/genetic screening for both pregnancies. I found that the Mercy location is like what Justine describes...super slow and the wait was always at least an hour. For my 2nd pregnancy I decided to give South Miami a try and it was great. Much more organized and the waiting room was more pleasant. Usually didn't wait more than 20 minutes. An Asian doc saw us there once and he was great....forgot his name.

My ObGYN is Dr. Maria Lopez (305) 412-1967 and she goes to Baptist. She's great! She's in solo practice but the doc that covers her is Dr. Hecker, also a female doc. 

Good luck in the search!  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I visited So Fl Perinatal at least monthly, had a great exprience with them overall.  The only doctor I saw was when I was in the hospital due to HBP, at Mercy, and she was very nice and explained everything I needed to know.

As for OBGYN, I love my practice.  Miami-OBGYN, Dr. De Leon, Mendia, or Guell.  They are at Mercy, and all were amazing throughout the pg, as well as during/after delivery and even with my followups (I had complications after giving birth w/ BP).

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"