Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

anyone been to bahamas atlantis recently?

Just wondering how the cribs were?  Im nervous that my younger ds won't be comfortable. Also what did you do about car seats for car service from airport to resort?  We aren't bringing our own seats and the atlantis said they don't have them.  Im nervous about just holding them in a taxi in the bahamas.  

Re: anyone been to bahamas atlantis recently?

• Options
    We're going in May. We usually get a king sized bed and have her sleep in the middle between us if the crib doesn't work.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

We were just there a few weeks back and had our son (2.5 years old) sleep in one of their cribs.  He's a big kid and did fine in the crib.   They are full size metal cribs and come complete with a pretty decent mattress (a bit thin, but still fine) and sheet, bumper and a little baby "kit" that included shampoos and lotions.   We didn't use any of the items from the kit, but it was a nice touch.   We brought our own sheets to put over the sheet they provided and I wiped down all the bars of the crib with handi-wipes prior to using it, but the crib and sheets all seemed clean when they arrived - I'm just a bit of a germ-phobe.

Have fun - our family had a blast and would love to get back again soon! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks A&L!!

I have a few questions - where did you eat? did you do the meal plans? what building did you stay in?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options

Kind of a sad story behind our trip actually - my Dad has cancer and isn't expected to make it much longer so he took all of us on a trip that hopefully the grandkids will always remember with Grandpa.    Telling you this because we totally splurged and did things we probably wouldn't have normally done with a 2 year old and a 3 year old (who sadly, probably will NOT remember much of the trip).    Anyway here's the run down:

Room:  We stayed in the Coral Towers in a 3 bedroom huge suite that just got renovated overlooking the ocean.  It was amazing.   What tower are you in?   I know a bit about most of them and toured rooms in some of the other towers for reference for a future trip.

Breakfast: We did room service every morning for breakfast because it was easy with the little ones, but they did have free breakfast buffets at two separate locations (check into that when you check in - our butler told us about it in passing, we never heard of it upon check-in) 

Lunch:  We typically grabbed a quick lunch at whatever pool / beach area we were at at lunch time.    We packed a ton of the fruit pouches and applesauce pouches (we LOVE the Peter Rabbit Organics ones!) and fruit leather etc. etc. for the kids as we didn't want them eating super bad every day for lunch.   Worked out well and they really didn't eat much at lunch time anyway as they were so amped about being at the pool and/or beach.

Dinner: 

1st night we were exhausted from traveling and did Bimini Road for dinner - VERY kid friendly and decent food - basically just burgers and Bahamian type food but a fun atmosphere.

2nd night: Carmine's - HUGE portions, like ridiculously huge and kind of a waste in my opinion.   It is a kid friendly place, but the food was a bit bland for my liking and the portions were seriously a waste of food.

3rd night:  Seafire Grill - AWESOME food.  Probably my favorite meal, scratch that, definitely my favorite meal.   Everything we had was fantastic.   This place is more upscale and not as kid friendly but we did fine and the wait staff was great and very accommodating.

4th night:  Nobu - good food, again, not very kid friendly but we didn't really care.  Our kids are pretty well behaved and we always ate very early before the places were crowded. 

Oh - we also went to Johnny Rockets for burgers one night - GREAT burgers and just a fun place for adults and kids. 

Sorry for the novel!   I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have - we had a blast and its still so fun to talk about it!   Hope you all have a wonderful time as well.

-A

• Options

Thank you so much for the info. I'm very sorry for you Dad.

We are staying in the Royal Tower bc we wanted to be in the midst of everything and the standard rooms are a little bigger than some of the other Towers.

We did get the Meal plan. We have reservations at Carmines, Mesa Grill (just for me & DH that night), Bahamian Club, Chop Stix. The first night when we get in, we are probably going to do a buffet or something. We get breakfast with the meal plan so we will get that and I'll probably grab some snacks for later in the day. I am going to pack some of her regular snacks and get some bottled water offsite somewhere.

• Options

The Royal Towers is definitely the best location.   You will be super close to the great (and HUGE) kids area with all the fountains and kid orientated activities.    We actually found ourselves really enjoying the super low key kid's pool by the Coral towers (I think it was called Poisiden's pool) because we basically had it to ourselves every afternoon and it wasn't quite so overwheling for the kids.  

One thing I recommend checking out is the evening entertainment in the marina area (where most of the resturanuts and shops are located).  They had a fun entertainer each evening around 7pm or so - local musician one night, kids entertainer one evening, etc.  I believe they set up right outside of Ben & Jerry's.  They aren't anything extravagent, but the kids enjoyed the little shows every evening and we could let them run and burn off a little steam before bed time.   

Enjoy your trip!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"