December 2010 Moms

PPD question

how'd you know you had it?

i'll check out the PPD board and google but i'd rather hear from others i "know." (aka dec2010 moms).

tia 

Re: PPD question

• i was crying everyday and feeling overwhelmed.  Felt anxious and had trouble sleeping in between night feeds.  basically, i felt miserable and wasn't enjoying motherhood at all.  it sucked.  are you doing ok?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejnicolen:
    i was crying everyday and feeling overwhelmed.  Felt anxious and had trouble sleeping in between night feeds.  basically, i felt miserable and wasn't enjoying motherhood at all.  it sucked.  are you doing ok?

i have my good days and i have my bad days.  and today is a bad day.  DH asked me if i have PPD and it just made me think, thats all.  but thank you for asking.

what has helped you?? 

• Loading the player...
  • stopped sharing room so i could sleep better. i was waking with every sound.

his colic improved some so that helped a bit.

admitted to dh how bad i felt so he could support me more (he is finishing law school so not around much)

making time for myself  more.  dh takes ds so i can go to accupuncture, call friends etc.

talked to dr. about options and got name of therapist. it helps to know its there in case i need it.

mostly i went from feeling successful everyday to feeling like i was failing because of the colic and poor sleep, and i needed to have something  good for myself again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"