Breastfeeding

Advice...going to a wedding

Hi ladies..

Tomorrow I am going to a wedding - leaving LO at 4:00 and probably be home around 10:00 or 11:00.  I plan to breastfeed or pump right before I leave...My question is... what do I do those 6 hours I am away?  (I have never gone that long not pumping..the one time I did...I wound up engorged and with a plugged duct).  DH suggested taking the pump with me and sneaking out to use the bathroom... Or should I just take my chances and pump or feed the moment I get home and hope for the best?

What would you do? 

TIA! 

Re: Advice...going to a wedding

• my LO is 6 months old but has slept a long night stretch since about 4 months, so i would be comfortable going 6 hours. i'm also not a leaker, so i wouldn't worry about that. i don't know if that's an issue for you.

my baby sleeps 9 hours at night now, i know i could go that long...

if you need to, just bring your pump and duck out when needed. not a big deal at all!

• I am going to a wedding tomorrow too!  I will feed LO before I go to the ceremony (around 1:30) then pump between the ceremony and reception (around 5) and then I won't be home until 11:30.  I probably won't pump at the reception.  I am debating taking my pump with me though just in case I get too uncomfortable.  I have gone up to 8hrs before but it does get uncomfortable after about 5.  Take your pump and decide when you get there.  There's usually enough down time at a wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto on take your pump and see how you feel. Then you won't be as anxious about it either. I've found I feel less engorged if I'm busy doing fun things anyways :)
    EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • I wouldnt risk it. Just take the pump and escape for a minute. Even if you end up not using it, its better to have it there incase you spring a leak!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would duck out and pump. I dont think it would be a big deal to do this. I did this when I went to a wedding.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took my pump with me and pumped in the car.  My PIS has a car adapter so that worked great for me.  The bathroom would work just as well as long as it has a plug you can use!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"