Attachment Parenting
Options

Magic Bumpers vs. Bed Rail (Cross post from 12-24 month board)

Hey Ladies,I read a post today that mentioned Magic Bumpers and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I was looking into buying either that or a bed rail. My LO (who is 12 months old and crawling and walking) co-sleeps, and naps on a twin bed in his nursery. So I am looking for a solution that would work well in our bed and in the twin size bed. (I am open to buying Magic Bumpers for one and a bed rail for the other, if that is the best option).Does anyone have any experience with either Magic Bumpers or a bed rail? And in your opinions, what are the pros and cons of each?TIA!! Happy Friday! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Magic Bumpers vs. Bed Rail (Cross post from 12-24 month board)

• Options
    we have the magic bumpers. I like that I can rearrange them. We have one at the head of the bed so DD doesn't fall between there and the headboard, and then two on the edge of the side of the bed. I like that they are easy and lightweight but can't compare them to the bed rail
  • Options

We use bed bug bumpers, they look very similar to the magic bumpers. I like them like the pp said because we can move them arround.

My DD is 18 months old. We have her crib sidecarred to our bed, and I will use them between the crib and the bed when she first goes down at night (before we go to bed), and then I move them to the edge of the bed on the nights when it's just her and I in the bed.

If she wakes up and we aren't there, she typically does not try to crawl over the bumpers, and we've also taught her how to "get down the safe way" to crawl off the bed (feet first on her belly) so that if she does decide to get out of bed she won't fall (and if she does fall it would be on her bottom).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tct1219tct1219 member

my baby's not old enough for them but i've looked at the magic bumpers and other like it. it seems like a cool idea [though i've heard some people get 4 instead of 2 so it goes along the entire side of the bed] but i worry about the toxicity of the foam/ offgassing. i tend to be overly cautious, though, so if that doesn't concern you, i would try this leachco twin sheet with built in bumpers. from the reviews i've read on all 3, this one sounds the safest.

good luck!

eta: i also just found this, which would be easy for travel, too.

• Options
    GREAT! Thanks for all the advice ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"