Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Ladies who use an inhaler

My OBGYN told me to go to my physician because I have had a really deep cough for 2 weeks now.  My Dr. said he doesn't think it's a bacterial infection, that it is either my asthma or allergies kicking in.  He prescribed me an inhaler called Dulera.  It is a category C inhaler.  I checked with my OBGYN too to see if she thought it was OK and she said yes.

Of course, I google "Dulera Pregnant" and read things about increased chance in birth defects and miscarriage.

Does anyone else use an inhaler?  My Dr. only wants me to do two puffs in the AM and PM for one month.  He says it is not as bad for the fetus as oral medicine because and inhaler doesn't reach your entire body.

Any thoughts, help on this?

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010

Re: Ladies who use an inhaler

• Options
    I use an inhaler everyday. Actually two of them when I am sick and a nebulizer. My OB explained to me pretty much the same thing as yours. He said even though they are Class C he doesn't consider them dangerous during pregnancy. He is pretty strict on taking medicines too. I know many woman who have used them during pregnancy and everything was fine with their babies. Some women actually have to start using them during pregnancy because they experience shortness of breath. I think you and baby should be just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used Advair and ventolin throughout my pregnancy. Advair is category C.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"