Northern California Babies

Sick Baby :(

Poor little Ellie.

Got the dreaded call from daycare yesterday that Ellie had thrown up. I picked her up and she continued to throw up most of the afternoon into the evening. No fever. She slept pretty well but today is majorly congested (and HATES the nosefrida). She just looks so pathetic.

Thank goodness for my parents who drove up today so I can get some work done.

Is this week over yet?

What do you do to help your LO when he or she is congested? We are already using a cool mist humidifier, sitting in the bathroom with the shower on, saline drops and nosefrida.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: Sick Baby :(

• Oh, I am so sorry! The stomach bug is the absolute worst (our house just got it a couple weeks ago, including ME). Ugh. When the itty bittys are congested I do just what you're doing and hope it passes soon. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like you're doing everything you can do!  I would also elevate her head when she's sleeping/napping.

DS hated the Nosefrida too, but it seriously was the only thing that helped...that and the humidifier running 24/7.

Hang in there!

• Loading the player...
  • Poor baby...and poor mama.  Hope she feels better very soon.  Hang in there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You are really doing everything you can at that age. I'm sorry to hear Miss E isn't feeling well. I hope this bug passes quickly,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh...I feel your pain.  J just got over a cold a few weeks ago.  Keep doing what you're doing and hopefully it passes soon.  I know J slept better in his swing or bouncy while he was so congested.  Hugs to you both!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hope she is feeling better soon

• Poor little Ellie : (

I do just what you mentioed, except maybe try to elevate her head a bit when she is laying down.

I hope she feels better soon.

• poor baby =( hope she is feeling better soon

sounds like you are doing all the same things i would do, and i also would elevate my DS's head and Vicks baby rub was also very soothing for him during sickie, congested times

big hugs to both of you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Sorry to hear that. I hope she's feeling better soon!
  • Your doing just about everything. We did vicks baby rub on his clothing since he had sensitive skin, our pedi okayed it for on the skin at 3 months but to try a small spot first on an arm or leg to make sure they didn't have a reaction to it. Poor E I hope she feels better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"