Breastfeeding

FML...motor dying on breastpump?

Hi

So I started to use my medela double pump in Jan when i came back to work(i have used it before that to store milk, but really began in jan) I was using it like 6-7 times a day and about 4-5 now.  it seems like i dont get a good suction anymore and it sounds like it is hissing.  i checked the tubes (they are new) and my membranes are new so could it be the motor...anyone experience this? 

Thanks

Jenn

Re: FML...motor dying on breastpump?

• I think there was a recall on some pumps bc of motor issues. I'd call Medela.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• thanks...i will

• Loading the player...
  • Mine did that too, and was not part of the recall. I called them this morning and wasn't sure what to expect but they had THE BEST customer service - sending me out a new pump Monday.

I also EP since January and have used my pump faithfully, I figured the loss in suction was just me getting used to it - then I got a 2nd hand one to use at work and it was SO much stronger. And last night the whole thing coughed and stopped sucking. Luckily I have a back up, otherwise I'd be SOL - I can't manually express at all, and I tried a hand pump once and it hurt ridiculously with no results.

EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Mine is the same way but I figured my nips were just tougher because I can see it pulling them it just doesn't feel like much and I can't get much to come out either.  I will be calling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"