Pregnant after IF
Options

maternity jeans

Happy Friday ladies!

Question about maternity jeans!  I'm wearing the Bella Band, but it's not really working.  It looks really lumpy and weird.  My other pants still fit okay, but I think it might be about time for maternity jeans.

I've heard good things about Gap (I'm 5'11" and about a size 4, and they have long and xtra long lengths), but I'd love to hear your recommendations!  What brands worked the best for you? Did you go with the full panel or the demi panel? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: maternity jeans

• Options
    HelsHels member
    I love the Gap demi panel ones. Hated the Motherhood brand. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have motherhood jeans, but being plus size that's one of the only places that sells maternity jeans so I don't have much to compare them too.  I like them fine though.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i love my liz lange for target full panel jeans (although when i was about 8 weeks i didn't like the full panel).

i also bought a pair of gap demi panel ones that are super comfy, but i accidentally bought the long length so i need to exchange them.

• Options

I liked my Gap jeans.  I did find that I had to go down a size in maternity jeans and that they were longer than there non-maternity jeans.

But it is so hot here now, that I won't be wearing them anymore.  Just shorts and dresses on the weekends.

• Options
    I love my Gap maternity jeans! I have a demi panel pair & a full panel pair. I like the full panel better especially now that I'm getting bigger. The Demi panel is too wide for me it cuts my tummy in half and looks funny under tight shirts so I usually fold it in half. I also have a pair of full panel jean capris from Motherhood that I really like.

For me Gap runs a little big, I had to go down a size. Motherhood was right on.
  • Options

I have Gap, Old Navy and Motherhood.  Gap are my favorite, but in part because they are the only ones that are demi panel.  I have a long torso and while the full panel ones were okay when my belly was smaller, they now hit me in a really weird place right in the middle of my belly. 

I've found just about all maternity clothes run big and did/should have purchase a size smaller, particularly in jeans.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image Eloise & Grant born 7/3/11
  • Options
    I'm just under six feet and I've always had an issue with Gap jeans not fitting well. Once I discovered Sevens, those have been the only jeans I wear. I was THRILLED when I saw they came in maternity! I have the full panel and they are so comfortable.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  :)
  • Options
    Mine are from Kohl's.  I'd get full panel ones...the pair I bought were demi-panel and they got pretty uncomfortable once my bump got bigger.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

I love love love the Gap jeans (both jeans and jean capris!) -- I have some demi panel ones, some full panel ones, and a few that have regular waists but are cut lower and have the button/elastic things on the sides that run through the back, so you can size them as you grow. 

I'm a pre-pregnancy size 4/6, and had to go to the smaller size 4s for their maternity clothes, as the 6s were way too big.  I tried on a few pairs of size 2s, which fit better through the hip/thigh area, but the banded areas were tighter.  (and I find looser is better these days!)

Good Luck!!  And, happy shopping!!!  Big Smile

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    MrsVoMrsVo member
    I have a pair from Motherhood and I HATE them.  Not sure if it's because they are underbelly or what.  The only other pair I have right now are from H&M and I love them.  They are panel but really comfy.  Haven't tried GAP yet!

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been wearing Liz Lange ( Target) one's with a full panel. I can't seem to bit  my big ol' booty in any of the one's from the Gap.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    I got some cropped pants that are not jeans from the LOFT, jeans shorts from Target (Liz Lange) and jeans and regular pants from the GAP. My favorite is the one from Target. The one from GAP fits well if I stand up straight or walking around, but everytime I bend down I have to readjust. It keeps on falling down on me, but when I tried the smaller size it was too small. The ones from the LOFT are comfortable but I think I need one size smaller.
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
  • Options
    I liked the Gap Full panel. I bought the demi panel and it made me nauseous. I also like Target jeans too Full panel. For me full Panel was the way to go in the begin I could roll them over and now I NEED the full panel.
    TTC since 12/ 06: H/Azoospermia Ivf#1 BFP m/c 5w3d FET#1 c/p FET# 2 BFN IVF#2 BFFN IVF#3 March/April
  • Options

Kind of late on this post but I am also 5'10 and a size 4 pre-pregnancy. I have only bought 1 pair from Motherhood and I really like them. They are a size small and tall and they fit great. I've gotten compliments on how they dont look like maternity pants and compliments on how they fit. They are full panel, I like that as I think thye stay up better and help hide my outtie.

After almost 3 years and 2 IUIs our lil guy is here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss238/hall_kyrac/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"