Cincinnati Babies
Options

NBR: Silly question about the royal wedding

I watched the coverage of the royal wedding this morning and everyone kept saying it's a once in a lifetime event. I keep wondering however, when Prince Harry gets married, won't it be a big event, just like this wedding. So really, in the next few years, we can expect that he'll be getting married as well, yes?

Re: NBR: Silly question about the royal wedding

• Options
    His wedding will not be as large and popular.  This is a big to-do because William is an heir to the throne and will someday be King.  I was thinking the way you were, but then I thought about, look at Charles' brothers weddings, they got very little attention in comparison to Charles and Di's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't even think about it that way. It must kind of stink to not be the first born when it comes to the royal family.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageawinning:
    I didn't even think about it that way. It must kind of stink to not be the first born when it comes to the royal family.

Ha! I feel the exact opposite. Second sons and other non heir apparents get so much more flexibility in their lives. The expectations aren't as strict and they have more personal freedom than the heir apparent. I'd rather be Harry than William.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sure depending on the day, my answer would vary on who I'd rather be Wink. I'm sure there are good and bad aspects to both. I think both William and Harry accept their roles with dignity and are fine with it.
  • Options
    They do it with more dignity than I. I am definitely not cut out to be royalty. :) Good thing there is no danger of me becoming such. :P
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMoesten:
    They do it with more dignity than I. I am definitely not cut out to be royalty. :) Good thing there is no danger of me becoming such. :P

I think when you are born into the royal family, you are raised with that dignity from the day you exit the womb.  You don't know any different.  I'm sure it's ridiculously hard to marry into the family because of all the expectations of how a royal spouse should behave, both in public and in private.  It's probably also a big reason why royalty doesn't usually marry commoners, they have no idea how to act.  I'm not even saying that to be mean.  It would just be a completely foreign lifestyle.

I hope Harry gets married, but I don't think that boy wants to settle down Wink

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"