Stay at Home Moms
Options

Question for royal experts...

So Kate won't technically be "Princess Kate" because she wasn't born into royalty, so was Princess Diana really "Princess Diana?"  I know she wasn't a commoner as Kate is, so was that enough to make her officially a princess when she married Charles?  And what about when William becomes King?  Will she be Queen, or will she still be Duchess?  
BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!

Re: Question for royal experts...

• Options
    Charles is the Prince of Wales. She is going to be Princess William of Wales until Charles is King and then she will Princess Catherine.
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

imageRebekah1021:
    Charles is the Prince of Wales. She is going to be Princess William of Wales until Charles is King and then she will Princess Catherine.

Well that's not confusing at all...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ayramayram member

When William is King, she'll be Queen.  The women are lucky because they get the title when they marry into it.  Poor Queen Elizabeth's hubby is still Prince - he doesn't get the King title!

Another question...

Does anyone think that William has gotten uglier as he's gotten older?  I used to think he was pretty good looking, but he's looking more and more like his dad.

Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac
  • Options
    Actually I believe I saw that they are now a Duke and Duchess per the Queen. Google it. I thought she'd be a princess but I guess not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They keep referring to her as Duchess of Cambridge.
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    imageayram:

When William is King, she'll be Queen.  The women are lucky because they get the title when they marry into it.  Poor Queen Elizabeth's hubby is still Prince - he doesn't get the King title!

Another question...

Does anyone think that William has gotten uglier as he's gotten older?  I used to think he was pretty good looking, but he's looking more and more like his dad.

Totally Agree. 

• Options
    When they marry, they also become Duke and Duchess-- he is still a Prince and she is actually still a Princess.  But she will be Princess William, etc as noted above officially.  I am sure they'll still refer to her as Princess Kate or Catherine just like they referred to Diana.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Charles is Prince of Wales so Diana was technically Princess of Wales but everyone simply called her Princess Diana. William and Kate are now Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  He is still a prince but because she was not born into royalty she will not be princess until Charles becomes king. Then, when William becomes king she will then be Queen Catherine.

Interesting fact-Camilla will become her royal highness princess consort not a queen if and when Charles becomes king.  Not sure why though just read it on the royal family website. The whole thing is confusing.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Diana wasn't a commoner she was Lady Diana before she was married. Her father was an Earl and her family's royal connections go back a few centuries. She was correctly called Princess Diana. 

Catherine will be the Duchess of Cambridge until she becomes Queen Catherine. Camilla will not be called Queen because she was divorced before she married Prince Charles.

It is all very confusing!! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    m/c at 13 weeks - March 23, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"