Georgia Babies

The Dress!

What did y'all think?? I thought it was gorgeous! She was breath taking, yet looked like herself, simple and elegant. LOVE!
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: The Dress!

• I thought it was beautiful - very much her style.  Although she's so freaking gorgeous, she could wear a potato sack and still look hot.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I absolutely loved it.  She was stunning.  It reminded me of Princess Grace. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I still can't figure out why I cry at every.single.wedding. God, I cannot imagine walking into that church and hearing the music play while you walk down to your prince. 

I thought she looked fresh and amazing.  Her sister is beautiful too.  I thought her bridesmaid dress was gorgeous as well.  I did think it looked like Kate gave Camilla the side-eye on the way out of the church and I loved her curtsy to the Queen.

• I thought the top was gorgeous, very flattering and beautiful.  the bottom?  no.  not so much.  I was really expecting a little bit more drama.  but, I do agree, she looked gorgeous and could totally wear a potato sack and look stunning!
  • Loved it. So elegant and simple. 
  • The dress was so perfect for her and she was absolutely stunning!!!
  • I won this bet about the dress. The rumor was that Sarah Burton designed it and she did! Burton took over desigining for the house of Alexander McQueen after his death. Parts of the dress were very McQueen with a softened edge that was quite Kate.

McQueen was the absolute pinnacle of haute couture to me. I'm destroyed that the fashion community lost such a revolutionary. But Burton appears to be carrying his design aesthetic quite well - even improving upon it and making it her own. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it could have done without the lace sleeves but I hate lace. I thought it was beautiful otherwise and she looked stunning. I thought the Queen could have step it up a notch wardrobe wise.
    Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • imagePecswife:
    I think it could have done without the lace sleeves but I hate lace. I thought it was beautiful otherwise and she looked stunning. I thought the Queen could have step it up a notch wardrobe wise.

I'm fairly certain that the dress required sleeves due to the venue. Many Catholic churches require sleeves. There's also the possibility the sleeves are removable. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"