Adoption
Options

The story of our journey to Keira... finally!

It's been a hectic few days getting adjusted and having many visitors. Right now my little princess is still sleeping (she only got up 1 time last night!!! :)) so I thought I would use this quiet time to post our story. 

Many of you know that we have had a rough adoption journey. We have been officially waiting for 13 almost 14 months. We have had 4 failed matches. It hasn't been easy but it was so worth it! On April 12th, we got an email from our SW asking if we would want to be considered by an expectant mother. She gave me VERY little details and I said yes. She said they were meeting with her that afternoon and they would let us know when a decision had been made. By that Friday I hadn't heard anything so I emailed for an update. She replied back that we were still being considered and she would be in touch by the middle to end of the next week with the decision. She also asked us to keep the expectant mother is our prayers that weekend. We did (and already had been) and by Thursday of last week I still hadn't heard anything. Since Friday was Good Friday and we are using a Christian adoption agency, I figured they might be closed so I emailed her again Thursday afternoon asking for an update. She replied back that a selection had not yet been made but that they had received more information they would like to discuss with us in person. She said it wasn't anything bad and not to worry but of course I freaked out because we had never been called in before. I replied back and said we would be there Monday at 4:45 (her suggested time/date) and that she had me worried. She responded with please don't  worry and try not to think about it much this weekend. Um yeah right! :) 

So all weekend we went through what we thought it could be. We had some ideas and one of our ideas came true but we didn't want to get our hopes up about anything because we had no idea what it could be. Well we get there and they start telling us about the "Birthmom." They told us a few details about her and said "What do you think?" I was thinking to myself If they called us down here for this, I'm going to be upset! LOL We said it sounds great! She said well then we have other news..... The baby GIRL was born on 4/12. Her Birthmom signed on 4/13 and her 10 day revocation period is up ... (looked at her watch)..now... she's yours! Oh and she's here... do you want to meet her? I almost passed out!!!!!! We got to love on her for about an hour that evening and were told to be there at 11 am Tuesday morning to bring her home. We made a quick Babies R US stop on the way home that night to buy some pink stuff. All of our failed matches had been for boys so we had lots of boy clothes (my sister has 3 boys and passed them down to us) but only 1 pink blanket and no pink outfits! Now -- 3 days later -- her closet is completely packed with girl clothes! :) We are truly blessed!!!!!!! I know it's hard when you are still waiting to hear this but I promise it will all be worth it once you finally get to hold your baby! She's perfect for us and I know now why we went through all we did because God was preparing us for her. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: The story of our journey to Keira... finally!

• Options
    AHHHH!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Congratulations again, Mama!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options
    Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing.  Congratulations!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

oh my goodness - i have tears and chills! awesome story!! what an incredible day that must have been!!!

Congrats mommy!!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!!  I am so happy for you and your family!
  • Options
    What a wonderful surprise!!! Congratulations. It's so wonderful to hear that all of your struggles and hard work led to beautiful baby girl. It gives me hope.
    Fibroids discovered and removed October 2005. Pathology came back with suspicious results (potential cancer) and had a partial hysterectomy January 2006. I still have both ovaries. September 2009, DH and I travelled to Mumbai, India for gestational surrogacy but it didn't work. We tried again September 2010 and it didn't work again. By this time we decided to expand our family through adoption. Home study completed February 14, 2011. Matched with a birth mom August 1, 2011. Match failed September 8, 2011. Matched with a new birth mom January 2012. Our baby boy was born March 6, 2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations, momma!  This is such a sweet story, I cried while reading it.

I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts.  Enjoy this special time together. 

• Options
    Such a wonderful story, congratulations!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is so wonderful!  Congrats!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think this is my favorite story of the day!  

"Oh, and she's here, wanna meet her?" OMG !!!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

She's so beautiful!  I'm still so happy for you guys and so excited that you are parents!!!! :-)  Noah loves his new long distance love! lol

• Options
    That is such an amazing story. If is awesome what God can do if you don't lose faith. Enjoy your baby girl!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    I love your story!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    awesome story! congrats!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    It was a perfect match! So, was I right? "It will happen when you least expect it"
  • Options

What a fantastic story, Alicia.  I don't know how you kept from passing out, though when they told you.  Talk about the unexpected :)

Girls are wonderful.... you'll have so much fun.  And Ebay is great for picking up inexpensive cloths!  

When I saw that you had her, I had to do a search of your posts... I thought I missed something.  Nope... it just was fast and unexpected (much like ours!)

Many blessings :)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    That is an amazing story! Congrats momma!
  • Options
    So happy for you all. Congrats again!
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a beautiful story and very encouraging.
    "A man makes a plan in his heart, but God directs his path." - Proverbs 16:9 My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!   What a wonderful surprise :-)
    Experienced infertility during first marriage, diagnosed with PCOS in 2008.
    Married my amazing husband May 22, 2010
    Became Step-Mom to 2 boys.
    Husband had vasectomy in 2004 during first marriage.

Adoption Is Our Path!
    Application sent March 29, 2011 First Meeting with CW: April 25, 2011 Final Visit and home visit: August 16, 2011
    September, 2011 - told we are ready to be considered by birth parents. Officially WAITING!

Spring of 2012, we start to work with a Consultant and apply with a few agencies around the US

June 2012 - we are MATCHED
    July 25, 2012 - Our SON was born in Arizona
    August 8th, 2012 - we flew home with our baby
    Awaiting Finalization

My Blog
  • Options
    Congratulations to you and your family!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    Congratualations! What a beatiful story!
  • Options
    Wow!!  So happy for you!
  • Options
    Congrats, what an amazing story!

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    amm78amm78 member
    So amazing!
  • Options

Thanks for posting!!  Such an awesome story.

Did the birth mom pick you guys, or was it an agency match?  Is the adoption closed? 

• Options
    That is such an awesome story.  Congratulations!  Enjoy every second with your baby girl!!!  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
  • Options
    Such a great story!  Thank you for sharing with us! Congratulations!!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options
    Great story!  I had a long wait with failed matches and hopefully these stories give hope to all the people still waiting!  I got the call my little pride and joy was born and I picked him up less than 36 hours later.  I had failed girl matches before I got my boy so too bad we did not know each other sooner we could have just changed closets :)  I believe now everything happens for a reason.  Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    This made me cry... such a wonderful miracle!
  • Options

CONGRATULATIONS!. 

So very happy for you!  Enjoy Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    Yayyyyy this is the best thing I have read all day!! Congratulations!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"