Attachment Parenting
Options

Help with Bedsharing and Breastfeeding

DH and I bedshare with our LO and have since the day he came home from the hospital. I absolutely love sleeping with my LO and would continue doing so without a second thought except for one problem. My LO has gotten in the habit of waking up to nurse almost every hour throughout the night. I've tried giving him the paci instead (he doesn't really take a paci normally, so it doesn't really work), patting his back, "shusshing" him, scooting away from him so he can't smell me, wearing a longsleeved shirt and even trying him into a co-sleeper next to our bed. Nothing works, and I'm starting to get desparate for sleep. I don't want to stop bedsharing, and I definitely don't want to stop breastfeeding...anyone have any insight for me? Should I just tough it out?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with Bedsharing and Breastfeeding

• Options
    The No Cry Sleep Solution has some great ideas to getting them to sleep longer stretches. And she has information about bedsharing in there as well. You might try it. HTH
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It may be a growth/developmental spurt, too?!?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebugsmami:
    It may be a growth/developmental spurt, too?!?
    Sounds like it. DS went through stages like this off & on. As a matter of fact, he nursed every hour from 1am-6am today so we may be back "on". GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    No help here... but I can usually just wait for him to latch and then we both go back to sleep. Sometimes he doesn't even suck, just lets it hit his lip and goes to sleep like he is checking it is there. Still it is only every 2 hours for the most part... so I am not sure how I would feel about hourly...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

I know what that feels like! It seemed my daughters 4th and 5th month were constantly in a growth spurt! At the time I was trying to get her to sleep in a crib and partially bed-sharing, I was up and down all night! I have to say it gets better, it is most likely connected to growth and illness or teething, and usually you may not know what the reason was until after. I suggest going to bed earlier and if you can take a nap with baby.

here is some great tips on coping with frequent nursing:

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/frequent-nursing.html

and I love this:

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/love-bf-24-7.html 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Options
    Thank ladies! I appreciate the support. I do think there might be something else going on (teething, growth spurt etc), which atleast gives me some hope there might be some light (maybe?) at the end of the tunnel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"