Multiples

Am I the only loon....

with my alarm set at 4 am to get a first glance of Kate?  My H has been begging me all night to let him set a channel and what channel to record.  lol-

I'm *just* old enough to remember Dianna's death vividly and I think this wedding is the next best thing to sliced bread as you can get.   : )

Really, I should get up at 3:30 but, there is NO way!!!!  

Anyone else excited to see her?  I can't imagine how pumped she is...I'm sure she is cool as a cucumber though...she's been with him for ten years.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I the only loon....

• I am really excited about it but don't think I will actually get up early.  I will turn the TV on at work and catch it there!

I think she is stunning.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagekimarino13:

I am really excited about it but don't think I will actually get up early.  I will turn the TV on at work and catch it there!

I think she is stunning.

Oh my...she is beyond beautiful....can't wait to see her.... 

• Loading the player...
  • LOL!  Nope you're not the only one.  While I'm not getting up at 4, I'm def excited to see this wedding.  I too remember Diana's death and I am so happy for William and Kate and wish them a happy day.
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't plan on watching it at all. I think I am the loon LOL.  I know a lot of people who are thrilled.
    image image image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I stayed up to watch Diana's funeral when I was in college. But, thankfully, DVR's exist now. I'll catch it on repeat tomorrow :)
  • I remember watching Diana's funeral my senior year in HS.  It was just a few years after losing my dad and I felt so bad for William and Harry. 

I'm setting my TiVo for the wedding. Sleep is still at a premium around these parts and nothing is getting me up that early!  

• Set the DVR! Can't wait. DH has been making fun of me all week. Don't we all want to be a princess!
    Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!
  • Yes, I may be being to big for my britches at the moment but, I'm pumped.  According my clock, it's 4:08 am there now and she's probably about to get up to get ready in the next hour to get ready after a very unrestful night...

Yay for Kate...she deserves this moment.

• what channel is best??
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • imageE&RMommy:
    what channel is best??

CNN, TLC, E! and PBS are all covering.

I'm recording CNN's coverage.

• I am so excited!! But not quite excited enough to get up at 4! They are such a gorgeous couple....I'm jealousCrying
  • For anyone who cares.... I just found this schedule that list's everything that will take place and at what time!
  • Thanx for the heads up ougrad, I will DVR it.  Im a huge Princess Diana fan as well and I remember the "breaking news" of her death when I was in elementary school. I remember crying actually. I still think her death was not an "accident" but it could just be me. William and Harry were practically babies poor thing..and I also think Diana would be very happy and proud of her son for finding not only a gorgeous looking woman but someone who has a very good head on her shoulders. Not only that William is a smart young man to be able to pick the best from the rest :)
  • I heart sleep to much to watch it live, but I'm all over the dvr. I want to see the dress in action before I see it online. I love stuff like this!
  • imagebellasmom27:
    Thanx for the heads up ougrad, I will DVR it.  Im a huge Princess Diana fan as well and I remember the "breaking news" of her death when I was in elementary school. I remember crying actually. I still think her death was not an "accident" but it could just be me. William and Harry were practically babies poor thing..and I also think Diana would be very happy and proud of her son for finding not only a gorgeous looking woman but someone who has a very good head on her shoulders. Not only that William is a smart young man to be able to pick the best from the rest :)

OMG, this makes me feel so old.  You were in elementary school when she died, and I was in college.  Tongue Tied

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

• imagekimarino13:

imagebellasmom27:
    Thanx for the heads up ougrad, I will DVR it.  Im a huge Princess Diana fan as well and I remember the "breaking news" of her death when I was in elementary school. I remember crying actually. I still think her death was not an "accident" but it could just be me. William and Harry were practically babies poor thing..and I also think Diana would be very happy and proud of her son for finding not only a gorgeous looking woman but someone who has a very good head on her shoulders. Not only that William is a smart young man to be able to pick the best from the rest :)

OMG, this makes me feel so old.  You were in elementary school when she died, and I was in college.  Tongue Tied

Stick out tongue I was in elementary school too and had lost my sister not even a year prior - it was so incredibly sad. She was so young and beautiful and my heart just broke for her boys. I couldn't imagine losing my mom, little did I know I'd know the feeling soon enough.

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Between "Project De-Swaddle" and teething x 3, I won't be waking up early to watch it live, but I will DEFINITELY be DVRing. Can't WAIT to see the dress and just the whole bridal ensemble! With all the bad news and ridiculous politics in the news these days, I'm thoroughly looking forward to some good fluff!
  • imageleviandlandensmom:
    imagekimarino13:

imagebellasmom27:

Stick out tongue I was in elementary school too and had lost my sister not even a year prior - it was so incredibly sad. She was so young and beautiful and my heart just broke for her boys. I couldn't imagine losing my mom, little did I know I'd know the feeling soon enough.

I think I was in elementary, she died in 95 right?

• imagebellasmom27:
    imageleviandlandensmom:
    imagekimarino13:

imagebellasmom27:

I think I was in elementary, she died in 95 right?

I think it was '97.

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be DVRing it to watch during feedings and nap time tomorrow morning. BUT, if DS1 wakes up early with a cough again tomorrow, I'll be volunteering to take the early morning shift so I can watch it live! I'm nervous that Im recording the wrong thing with the Today show coverage.
  • imagekimarino13:

imagebellasmom27:

I feel super old! I have pretty vivid memories of Diana's wedding. I was around seven and I really wanted a dress like hers for my first communion. Needless to say, it wasn't even close.
  • lol you are not a loon! I can't wait to see her but I am not waking up and hubby set the dvr earlier for me:) 

And I just realized its 12:40...I better get to bed!

• Glad I'm not the only one, Babsie7! I think I was 9 years old.  I remember my mom waking me up at what seemed liked 3-4 a.m. to watch the wedding. 
  • I got up at 5:45 this morning.  I timed it so I would be up, coffee in hand (set the pot up last night) to see the first glimpse of her stepping into the car!  Timing was spot on! 

I LOVED her dress.  So classic - knew she'd do something elegant and simple.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageBabsie7:
    imagekimarino13:

imagebellasmom27:

I feel super old! I have pretty vivid memories of Diana's wedding. I was around seven and I really wanted a dress like hers for my first communion. Needless to say, it wasn't even close.

Thank you Babsie and Kim for saying this. I was beginning to think I was the only old one here. I was also in college when Diana died (start of my senior year).

• imagekafunder:
    imageBabsie7:
    imagekimarino13:

imagebellasmom27:

Thank you Babsie and Kim for saying this. I was beginning to think I was the only old one here. I was also in college when Diana died (start of my senior year).

I remember it also - where I was, who I was with ... senior year of high school ...  I watched this morning from my desk at work.  Gotta love being at work before 6am eastern!

Clicky to our blog!! imageimage 14 Months Old!
  • imageNikollicious2011:
    I don't plan on watching it at all. I think I am the loon LOL.  I know a lot of people who are thrilled.
    I'm the same way. I did just look at her dress in pics online - that's enough for me!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Nope!  I was up at 4:30
  • LOVE the glamour and pagentry.  just watched the Tivo'd version that i recorded last night on the BBC.  Gorgeous princess:)

• Another "oldie" here too - I was born in '74 so I remember the wedding and the funeral.

I woke up about 5ish so I got to see the arrivals and the vows - I watched until 6:30.  She looked amazing!  And I was so impressed how good the little kids were - if my boys had to be in any royal wedding I don't think it would have gone as smooth!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"