Attachment Parenting
Options

DIYers!

I have a moby (which I LOOOOVE) but like every other first timer, I'm just now realizing its HOT. I dont have the money for much so I figured I would try to make my own. I just had a few questions (if I sound dumb, just press the back button, I dont really know much about what Im asking!!):

1. Any fabric suggestions?

2. Should it be stretchier than my moby?

3. Do you think I should make it the same size?

4. Any tips?

*By the way, LO is about 15lbs and has excellent head control!

No one I would rather be tied to! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DIYers!

• Options

I hit the jackpot at Wal-Mart a while back with some linen-ish fabric for $1/yard. It was in the super sale pile so I don't know what kind of fabric it really is, sorry.

The thing about stretchy material (at least the material I've found) is that to be very supportive it has to be pretty thick- and thicker means sweatier. If you get a non-stretchy woven fabric it will be thinner, cooler, and more supportive for a bigger kid (less sagging).

I got 5 yards, which I think is shorter than the moby, but it's perfect for me (5'9' medium build). If you like the length of the moby go with that, if you have tons of extra fabric try a little shorter. I didn't taper the ends like the moby- since the fabric is thinner it doesn't look bulky when tied.

Hope that helps! I'm not an expert by any means, but I love the DIY wrap I "made."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!!
    No one I would rather be tied to! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Be careful about buying fabric at the fabric store, it can really be a safety issue.

There's a DIY forum on thebabywearer that has a ton of useful info, and if you search for "Jan Andrea DIY instructions" you should be able to find her super-useful DIY'er page.  I'm on my phone right now so can't link, sorry.

If you're planning on making a wrap, osnaburg is a great (and very economical) choice.  Thicker cotton gauze can also be ok for multi-layer carries.  Don't buy quilting fabric! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"