Preemies

Someone's baby bump made me emotional

I went out with a friend/neighbor who also had twin micro-preemies, and one of her friends came along who is 32 weeks pregnant. I asked her if I could touch her belly and I started crying! I love pregnant bellies and it just made me sad remembering mine and thinking how I didn't make it that far and how I will never have a (planned) prego belly again. I didn't think that would be so hard and hit me like that. I definitely was not expecting to get emotional. So ladies, beware of your emotions when you touch a prego belly!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com

Re: Someone's baby bump made me emotional

• Honestly, I have to fight jealousy and anger whenever I see a pregnant woman bc I'm not anymore. It is definately hard... I then try to reverse my karma by saying a quick prayer that they don't have to go through what we have
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • This is so hard!  I think I came to a new conclusion recently that gave me a little peace (as compared to my jealous resentment and sadness over the pregnant ladies out there).  I decided that pregnancy is a very hard journey, even when someone is labeled as "normal."  I am very screwed up from my screwed up pregnancies, but I stopped resenting that I would have that "normal" experience and the "normal" belly, etc.  It's all relative.  I am a work in progress.  :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I miss my pregnant belly too, and it's hard to see the new moms taking their babies out of the hospital when I go to see my son in the NICU.  I was lucky to make it to 34 weeks with him, but I had been so looking forward to the "full effect" -- wanting to see just how big I would get.  Now I've got this strangely shaped pudgy thing for a belly and sometimes it hits me that it's empty and makes me sad.

But there are worse things, so I try to count my blessings every day.

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"