3rd Trimester

XP: Kaiser Permanente FMLA Vent/Warning-

Just so you know, your doctor themselves cannot fill out FMLA forms.  You have to take them to member services who will then have your doctor fill them out and then they will mail them back to you.  I was told the whole process takes up to 10 days.

If you or your partner have a time limit to get in paperwork, this is something to keep in mind.  I had no idea and my husband's needs to be in a month ahead (I'm due June 1st)  so now we'll just have to hope for her being at least a week late or he may not be able to take his paternity leave since his paperwork won't be in by Monday.  We just assumed I'd be able to take it to my appointment today and bring it home for him to turn in tomorrow... since, you know, that's a logical train of thought.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Kaiser Permanente FMLA Vent/Warning-

• Seems like you could make yourself the squeaky wheel enough to GET this done. It shouldn't take them a ton of time..I'd be calling and speaking with someone very high up. GL
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah K sucks! My husband filled all his FMLA paperwork at work a month ago. Thankfully his HR lady is fantastic. Once baby is born all he needs is a birth certificate to fax to his HR person and I hope K gives us one at the hospital (even the temp one works). According to his HR person the MD fills nothing out. Good luck and hope it works out.

Even if he has to wait 10 days in CA you loose the first 7 days pay anyhow for waiting and they pay you on the 8th day until six weeks. Some employers will make you take your vacation days too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP. Plus, many companies have the whole 30 day timeline bit but they understand that can't always happen and it's typically not a hard and fast rule. My company has the same 30 day timeline as a guideline so that they're not getting stuff well after the fact but they still accept it and it's still FMLA and covered leave. You'll probably be okay but have your DH check.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kas80kas80 member

imageprincess101:
    Seems like you could make yourself the squeaky wheel enough to GET this done. It shouldn't take them a ton of time..I'd be calling and speaking with someone very high up. GL

Oh, I plan on it.  It's just if I knew about this policy I would have been on him to get it to me earlier  (he's a major procrastinator) that way we wouldn't be right up against a deadline.  So I figured if anyone didn't know and has a deadline to get paperwork in it may be useful information to have.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageprincess101:
    Seems like you could make yourself the squeaky wheel enough to GET this done. It shouldn't take them a ton of time..I'd be calling and speaking with someone very high up. GL

If you do not get your questions answered because you will get the run around, its a given with K. I would call the hospital administrator because they will take care of it immediately. So you complain, big deal! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • wow I am glad my ob office is not like that. my dr has filled out my FMLA and my STD paperwork.

as for my dh he does not have to do anything to use his time off thankfully.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have Kaiser and I wanted my disability and FMLA paperwork taken care of right away, so I drove an hour to Kaiser's disability office and they took care of it. I was the only person there, so I didn't even have to wait. My disability paperwork was mailed to the State that day and I checked with my HR dept. the next day and Kaiser had already faxed them the FMLA stuff. I think they used the Drs. stamp and didn't have to actually send it back to my Dr. I'm sure if you talk to the disability office directly they will help you if you explain your deadline- if they don't, ask to talk to a supervisor.
  • imageMrs_M:

Yeah K sucks! My husband filled all his FMLA paperwork at work a month ago. Thankfully his HR lady is fantastic. Once baby is born all he needs is a birth certificate to fax to his HR person and I hope K gives us one at the hospital (even the temp one works). According to his HR person the MD fills nothing out. Good luck and hope it works out.

Even if he has to wait 10 days in CA you loose the first 7 days pay anyhow for waiting and they pay you on the 8th day until six weeks. Some employers will make you take your vacation days too. 

If you are in Cali then they wont give you anything except dicharge papers. I thought this when I had our first and was told in recovery that you have to fill out an order form (which they will provide) and mail it in with $20 to get a certified COPY of the birth cert. If you want an original then you have to go the closest Hall of Records. It suxed!!

• I have Kaiser too and this wasn't my experience at all...I dropped off my paperwork at my OB office and the next day they faxed it to my HR and called to tell me I could pick up the hard copies any time I wanted...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"